Grand Poobah

:lol:

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:42 am :lol:

"Give It To Em' Loud And Dirty So It'll Stick"! ... Gen. George S Patton :lol:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
9 Iron
Founding Member

There’s still words on that list that momma wouldn’t tolerate. When I grew up, changing the word but keeping the intention would still get you dealt with:

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

There are a few we can't say on the west coast for fear of offending the perpetually offended.. Cotton Pickin' for instance, is a no go. Shizzle also, depending on the crowd, could be considered "cultural appropriation" if you are white and say it. My grandpa's favorite would definitely be offensive(aside from profusely swearing in Dutch).. "Son of a bean-pickin' Eskimo". However, you can say the usual swear words here without offending.. :roll:

Edit.. wanted to also include my Mom's favorite: "Sugarfoot!"
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I keep it clean on the page so that the amount I swear in real life is shocking when I meet people. It's a lifestyle.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whistlebritches

I'm an old Sailor...…..I graduated from them words in the third grade.To this day I can describe in detail the exact taste of Ivory soap,thanks Grandma
IMpipedude
Founding Member

I'll always remember my Mom chasing me around the house after I said something I saw written on an alley wall or similar location. It was great fun until she caught me, as she always did, and I got soap in my mouth. I suspect that the alternative words would have earned me the same treatment.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Some of the things on Kevin's list are a little too edgy for me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 am There are a few we can't say on the west coast for fear of offending the perpetually offended.. Cotton Pickin' for instance, is a no go. Shizzle also, depending on the crowd, could be considered "cultural appropriation" if you are white and say it. My grandpa's favorite would definitely be offensive(aside from profusely swearing in Dutch).. "Son of a bean-pickin' Eskimo". However, you can say the usual swear words here without offending.. :roll:

Sugarfoot is a good one. I use it to insult drivers over the CB. Makes them crazy! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 am There are a few we can't say on the west coast for fear of offending the perpetually offended.. Cotton Pickin' for instance, is a no go. Shizzle also, depending on the crowd, could be considered "cultural appropriation" if you are white and say it. My grandpa's favorite would definitely be offensive(aside from profusely swearing in Dutch).. "Son of a bean-pickin' Eskimo". However, you can say the usual swear words here without offending.. :roll:

Sugarfoot is a good one. I use it to insult drivers over the CB. Makes them crazy! Lol
I always call em Nancy, gets them worked up pretty good :lol: I use that on junior drivers who get a bit squeamish on the tight mountain roads too. Usually gets them over their fear (C’mon Nancy, I backed her down there half drunk with one eye open and yer momma chewin on my ear askin for more).