Sellin' The Farm

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have been thinking on giving up the pipe for a few months now, as I just don't enjoy it much anymore. 10 years of piping, of which I think the primary enjoyment was primarily the thrill of discovery and acquisition(and pipe refurbishing). Lately snuff has completely replaced any nicotine needs I had, and I truly enjoy it. If I feel the need for some smoke, I will dip into the tupperdore for a nice cigar. All that said, I am throwing everything that hasn't already been picked over by my father-in-law.

Pipes (from the top down):
Ehrlich meer-lined bulldog
Smoker's Pride bullodg (has removable stinger)
Kaywoodie Natural Burl (stinger intact)
Hilson Vintage (has removable stinger)
Kiko meerschaum (threaded tenon)
There is an unsmoked Bent Diplomat Apple, and unsmoked Country Gentleman also included, but not in the picture.
and there is also a nice Yello-Bole brylon bulldog that KK donated to me which I will throw in free :D

Also included is a Castleford reamer set, a vintage British Buttner reamer, Bison hide tobacco mat, various burley blends, a couple flakes of Ennerdale/Grasmere, and around 4oz of Brown Flake Scented.

$100 for the lot shipped.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

Sorry to hear this
Best wishes
Someone is getting a great deal
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Hout! Say it ain't so...

We are going to miss you.

This is a great deal for someone.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Loosecut

That is a nice Brylon.

I remember on the old PSF, during the Brylon Craze, Kevin was on the hunt for a brylon bulldog, and now I see he got one! Why did he give it away?!?!?

If this full set does not sell, I'm tempted to pay the shipping charges on that brylon (since OP got it for free).

I'll be following this thread, closely.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 pm Hout! Say it ain't so...

Oh I am sure I will still be around. :) I just had to evaluate a situation where I was constantly buying pipes and then not getting any satisfaction out of them at all. I was starting to feel a little wasteful, as I have been dumping more bowls than I finish.. and it has just been getting more frequent. Also the constant influx and outflux of pipes is starting to attract attention from my better half, and not totally unjustifiably so :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 pm Image
That's the trash Indian. I remember that commercial. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Oh I am sure I will still be around. :) I just had to evaluate a situation where I was constantly buying pipes and then not getting any satisfaction out of them at all. I was starting to feel a little wasteful, as I have been dumping more bowls than I finish.. and it has just been getting more frequent. Also the constant influx and outflux of pipes is starting to attract attention from my better half, and not totally unjustifiably so :lol:
Just stop buying more pipes and smoke what you have. I think you should keep that Hilson you just got just in case.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:47 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Just stop buying more pipes and smoke what you have. I think you should keep that Hilson you just got just in case.
I just plain have not been enjoying smoking a pipe the way I feel I should - to a point where after I smoke, I usually wish I hadn't. I can't really justify doing something I don't really enjoy, just because I've been doing it for a long time and it's habitual. It's really a practical thing, mixed with my borderline OCD weirdness..
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:57 pm
I just plain have not been enjoying smoking a pipe the way I feel I should - to a point where after I smoke, I usually wish I hadn't. I can't really justify doing something I don't really enjoy, just because I've been doing it for a long time and it's habitual. It's really a practical thing, mixed with my borderline OCD weirdness..
I am usually in the "Whoa! That was really good. I wonder if I have time for another smoke?" camp.

It is hard to relate, but I respect all that anyway.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017