Sellin' The Farm

IMpipedude
Founding Member

I've quit pipe smokimg several times over the years. Usually it was because pipe smoking had become boring to me. Sometimes cigar smoking had become more enjoyable. Each time I eventually came back to pipe smoking. You might want to keep a pipe or two, just in case.
avid

howt howt monn... :cry:

:thumbs:
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:01 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:57 pm
I just plain have not been enjoying smoking a pipe the way I feel I should - to a point where after I smoke, I usually wish I hadn't. I can't really justify doing something I don't really enjoy, just because I've been doing it for a long time and it's habitual. It's really a practical thing, mixed with my borderline OCD weirdness..
I am usually in the "Whoa! That was really good. I wonder if I have time for another smoke?" camp.

It is hard to relate, but I respect all that anyway.
That's one thing I wish I could say I was experiencing. I've smoked my way through probably hundreds of blends, unicorns, virtually every color of the Virginia(thanks to Mr Beardsley) and Burley rainbow, English, Vaper.. etc.. I haven't ever found something I really have said.. YEAH, that was amazing, I am going to keep smoking it. I've definitely experienced it with cigars, and now snuff is really hitting that spot for me.
I think pipe smoking was about 95% about restoring old pipes and only 5% about the tobaccos.. kinda seems upside down to me, hence the decision to just let it go.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Loosecut

I've gone through periods where I would put my pipes down for a while, but at some point, the urge to pick them up again, comes back, and then I dust off the pipes, and it's back to the pipe smoking routine.

At least keep something around for when/if the urge comes back. It's fun to bring out that old stuff again.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

:shock:
I have "sold the farm" a couple two of three times
and end up getting grumpy..... so i buy a few estate pipes to restore or make a couple handmade pipes
and then end up ordering more tobacco to get over the grumpyness

shall we take side bets on how long this will last
:lurk:
just kidding - I am sure we all wish you the best !
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Jeez. At least I'm only getting rid of (mostly) factory pipes :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Damn!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If I may ..... snuff does a goid job of killing off the desire to smoke .. its why i dont snuff often . 8d say don't get rid of your stuff , just hold it a while because shit changes . A few months from now , you may have a reaction to snuff and find yourself smoking again , as an example

Anyway , light up our snuff threads :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

So does this mean you will be wandering around with a fancy snuff box and a hanky?
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 am So does this mean you will be wandering around with a fancy snuff box and a hanky?
lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!