Latest Pipe Purchase 2019

cigrmaster
Member in Good Standing

A couple of weeks ago I won this pipe on ebay. It was in pristine condition and was a perfect group 5. It is an estate Rad Davis Billiard and it smokes great.
Harris
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm Every once in a while you come across those badly titled auctions, maybe with wording that makes it unclear that it's actually for multiple pipes due to the tendency of people to just throw keywords in there. I stumbled across this auction which for the first 5 or so photos was just of one pipe, but then came to discover that it was actually for two, a pipe pouch, and a pipe tool.

Hilson Vintage(Made in Holland)

Kaywoodie Natural Burl(Stinger intact, practically unsmoked)
Score! I like that Kaywoodie. I'm guessing that was the secret second pipe?
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Longshanks wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:18 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm Every once in a while you come across those badly titled auctions, maybe with wording that makes it unclear that it's actually for multiple pipes due to the tendency of people to just throw keywords in there. I stumbled across this auction which for the first 5 or so photos was just of one pipe, but then came to discover that it was actually for two, a pipe pouch, and a pipe tool.

Hilson Vintage(Made in Holland)

Kaywoodie Natural Burl(Stinger intact, practically unsmoked)
Score! I like that Kaywoodie. I'm guessing that was the secret second pipe?
Yeah it was.. He also included this neat Medico tobacco pouch and a Rockwell Binge pipe tool just for fun. The little cross stitching you can see on the top of the pouch is actually little spots where you can put your 6mm Medico filters too! :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just got this Big Ben Pipo. I've always wanted one, and had this auction go my way.

Also snagged a Thompson pipe made for them by Big Ben for a couple bucks. I see some potentially great grain on that pipe after it's cleaned up. Can you see a theme forming in my latest purchases? :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm Just got this Big Ben Pipo. I've always wanted one, and had this auction go my way.

Also snagged a Thompson pipe made for them by Big Ben for a couple bucks. I see some potentially great grain on that pipe after it's cleaned up. Can you see a theme forming in my latest purchases? :)
Nice pick up! The Big Ben buttons are really comfortable.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm Just got this Big Ben Pipo. I've always wanted one, and had this auction go my way.

Nice pick up! The Big Ben buttons are really comfortable.
They seem to have really high manufacturing standards, at least on all the pipes of theirs I've ever seen. There is a Gubbels factory video, I think done by Al Pascia that is really impressive.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

GBD Sablee Standard Sandblasted Billiard (2515) (pre-1980)
Keeping in the $70 zone

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Having troubles getting the rotation down here but couldn't pass up a cased Wally Frank Meer. Need to stay off that site.

Middle Earth

Nice score
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm Nice score
Thanks! Thinking this one is Turkish, based on coloring so only a guess. All mine are currently African after letting a KW and couple Pioneer go so it's a welcome diversion of funds. And nobody else bid, $20 is right in my wheelhouse.