Monocles

Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ready to set PSF on fire once again? Who uses a monocle? I have to admit, this is the last site I needed to discover: [url]https://www.monoclemadnessshop.com[/url]

I do use a magnifying glass and sometimes carry around a pocket magnifier when I know I'm going to be reading something in small print when I'm out and about. I can see why this would be a handy accoutrement for those of us who need a little help reading a menu or to tell what commemorative quarter we're holding. Before I spend 40 bucks, I'd like to know if any of our PSF brethren are monocle aficionados.

As much as I enjoyed the misbegotten craftiness of Colonel Klink, we have our different outlooks on how we should behave:

Another monocle wearer in popular culture with whom I share little in common aside from a love for a well made umbrella:

I'm looking for some positive monocle role models. I think I'm gonna get one. Any thoughts? Experiences? Do tell.
4 x
9 Iron
Founding Member

Only when one of my contact lenses is lost.
4 x
Cappadoc

Not to be too much of a smart ass, but why?
1 x
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

I think monocle's are cool but I could never pull them off. I have a astigmatism so I have a legitimate reason. Lol
2 x
Tsal...Knockin' dottle... 🎳
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing

I have never used one, unless have of a broken pair of glasses count
If they work and are useful, why not ???
If they don't work, you are at least making statement
1 x
Crusty Cob

I think that you would have to dress in top hat, tie, and tails to pull off the monacle look. I don't see a dude in an old tee shirt, cargo shorts, and flip flops bringing the monacle back. Post a review when you get it..
2 x
Longshanks

They tested our eyes every couple of years in school. I used to cross mine in hopes I'd get prescribed glasses... or better yet, a monocle. Now that I have glasses, I hate them. But I'd give them up for a monocle... or 20/20 vision. 8-)
1 x
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
arturo7

I have a loupe. Does that count?
1 x
ever forward
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Cappadoc wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm
Not to be too much of a smart ass, but why?
Just to help with reading. I lose glasses all the time so one pair for distance is enough. I am not interested in bifocals. Sometimes, I can't make out something small and a magnifying glass with a handle is too awkward to carry around all the time. Plus, I'm a dandy.
1 x
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Crusty Cob wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm
I think that you would have to dress in top hat, tie, and tails to pull off the monacle look. I don't see a dude in an old tee shirt, cargo shorts, and flip flops bringing the monacle back. Post a review when you get it..
I'm no Mr. Peanut, but I do wear top hats and I am usually I some variation of a suit and tie.
1 x