Monocles

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:41 pm
Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm I think that you would have to dress in top hat, tie, and tails to pull off the monacle look. I don't see a dude in an old tee shirt, cargo shorts, and flip flops bringing the monacle back. Post a review when you get it..
I'm no Mr. Peanut, but I do wear top hats and I am usually I some variation of a suit and tie.
Don't sell yourself short. You're quite the Mr. Peanut. In fact, compared to you Mr. Peanut is a piker!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:41 pm
Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm I think that you would have to dress in top hat, tie, and tails to pull off the monacle look. I don't see a dude in an old tee shirt, cargo shorts, and flip flops bringing the monacle back. Post a review when you get it..
I'm no Mr. Peanut, but I do wear top hats and I am usually I some variation of a suit and tie.
Don't sell yourself short. You're quite the Mr. Peanut. In fact, compared to you Mr. Peanut is a piker!
I do wear pants in public. Take that, Mr. Peanut!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 pm
I do wear pants in public.

The importance of this cannot be overstated.
ever forward
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I think monocles are cool but I have no need for one. I don't wear glasses yet. I think it would be cool to see someone rockin' a monocle out somewhere!
Crusty Cob

I believe that when you buy a monacle they throw a cigarette holder in with the deal.
Whalehead King

Crusty Cob wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm I believe that when you buy a monacle they throw a cigarette holder in with the deal.
I prefer one of those long Forever Stems for a cob.
avid

can always just get a monocle that doesn't have any magnification and just go for the 'look'
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 am can always just get a monocle that doesn't have any magnification and just go for the 'look'
That would be pretentious. If it isn't functional, it doesn't have a place in my arsenal of accoutrements.