Crusty's trade of the week.

Crusty Cob

I believe this is a medico. Not sure why. Briar with silver inlay. Horse and jockey theme. In need of restoration. "Sterling" stamped on bottom of bowl, "Italy" stamped on stem. Make an offer.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:46 am Image

I believe this is a medico. Not sure why. Briar with silver inlay. Horse and jockey theme. In need of restoration. "Sterling" stamped on bottom of bowl, "Italy" stamped on stem. Make an offer.
It could be a Medico, but their Filigree line was marked with an F on the stem. I'm not sure what was stamped on the stummel. If a Medico it will be fitted for the filter. It looks like it needs a new stem though. Nice pipe :)
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

That's a beautiful pipe. I live a few blocks from a racetrack. I'd want it if I needed more pipes. You are offering this at a time when I'm thinking about thinning my collection. I don't want to insult you by offering what I would trade for it. My offer wouldn't match the attractiveness of this jockey pipe. I will admire it from afar and tip my fedora to the lucky chap who gets this for his collection. I declare this pipe a winner! I really like the looks of it. :king:
Crusty Cob

Quick financial rundown of my trade pipes:

My cost-- $0
Upgrades/refurb done-- +$0
Other Value to me-- +$0
----------------
Total net worth to me-- $0

I'm not looking to score big, just to get these pipes to somebody who might appreciate them. I have over 20 pipes and smoke only a few of them. The rest sit and collect dust. If you like one send me info and I'll send it to you. I have nothing invested in any of the pipes i'll be posting here. That said if I can get a little something interesting in return all the better.
Crusty Cob

Here is the stem. No F on stem, no filter, bit chewed.
Probably should be replaced.
Whalehead King

Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 pm Quick financial rundown of my trade pipes:

My cost-- $0
Other Value to me-- +$0
----------------

I'm not looking to score big, just to get these pipes to somebody who might appreciate them. I have over 20 pipes and smoke only a few of them. The rest sit and collect dust. If you like one send me info and I'll send it to you. I have nothing invested in any of the pipes i'll be posting here. That said if I can get a little something interesting in return all the better.
I'll send you something that may be interesting. I'll PM you. I don't need any more pipes either, but I like this one a lot. Info to follow. Prepare to be disappointed with your end of the trade. Sorry but I've been thinking about this for awhile and all I've got is plenty of nothing pipe-related. WK-related, I've got plenty. Let the chips fall where they may.
Whalehead King

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:00 pm
Crusty Cob wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 pm Quick financial rundown of my trade pipes:

My cost-- $0
Other Value to me-- +$0
----------------

I'll send you something that may be interesting. I'll PM you. I don't need any more pipes either, but I like this one a lot. Info to follow. Prepare to be disappointed with your end of the trade. Sorry but I've been thinking about this for awhile and all I've got is plenty of nothing pipe-related. WK-related, I've got plenty. Let the chips fall where they may.
PM sent.
Crusty Cob

This pipe is no longer available. Thanks.
Crusty Cob

This pipe now resides with Mr. King. Thank you.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Crusty Cob wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm This pipe now resides with Mr. King. Thank you.
And well suited in New Orleans it will be! Congrats WK!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!