What Are You Smoking July 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm
I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 pm
I have no idea what makes iced coffee or iced tea "Thai". Peanut oil? Coconut? Utterly at a loss. :?
I have never had Thai tea or coffee, and I have no clue what goes into them. I should look it up. Thai coffee is perhaps a little rarefied for my simple Midwestern tastes anyway.
I've had Vietnamese coffee a few times (hot)...and it was made with sweetened, condensed milk. Very good.
EDIT- Just checked online, and it looks like Thai coffee is very similar, only with cardomom as well.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:18 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 pm Image
Wasn't able to pop by yesterday...one of those days, and you all know what I mean. :D Working from home today, though, and exceptionally happy to be on the porch with the laptop. So, this rusticated Sav Bing's Favorite is loaded with PS Amsterdam that's dry and crispy...just the way I like my non-aros. :thumbs: And ya know, it's a great little pipe. Not much for capacity, but easy to keep lit and light enough to be the perfect clencher. When I first got it, it had a real varnishy taste to it. Almost got rid of it, but someone here (Fr_Tom, perhaps?) advised me just to smoke the funk out of it. That I did! And man, I'm glad I kept'er! Happy Thursday, all!
PS- This isn't a pic of mine, but it's identical. And sorry for the ginormous pic. :(
Same pipe. This time smoking the remnants of PS Amsterdam mixed with the remnants of Uhles Perfection Plug. Not too bad. Club soda on the side.
Same pipe. This time burning good ol' SWRA. Cool water on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Thai iced coffee?
I'm a Thai iced tea fan myself. Haven't had the coffee yet
I could post my wife's recipe but that might not be a good idea. Lol... Google is your friend.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm
I've had Vietnamese coffee a few times (hot)...and it was made with sweetened, condensed milk. Very good.
EDIT- Just checked online, and it looks like Thai coffee is very similar, only with cardomom as well.
As long as it'd not that stuff made from cat poop I'd drink it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

As long as it'd not that stuff made from cat poop I'd drink it.
Sounds like a monthly challenge to me :)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Thai iced coffee?
I'm a Thai iced tea fan myself. Haven't had the coffee yet
I don't have a clue either, I just know that I like it. The tea is always very milky, sort of sweet, and an odd reddish orange color. Now that I'm thinking about it I want some :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

LC VA in a panel cob
:awesome:
Crusty Cob