What Are You Smoking July 2019

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 pm Image
Had supper out with a buddy of mine, now home and on the porch. This Bones Dublin (?) is burning Captain Black Copper. Cold club soda on the side.
Decided I don't really care for the Copper. :cry:
So now I've got the same pipe loaded with Old Standby...Low Country VaBur/Lane Ready Rubbed blended 1:1. :D Mmmmmm... that's more like it.
Waaiittt a minute.. isn't Old Standby supposed to be LC Vabur/BLWB?
Brother, you've gotta heckuva memory on ya! Yes, you're exactly right. But I'm out of BLWB, so I used LRR instead. Not quite the same, but still tasty.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Church with Dear Sweetie, then the afternoon out with friends. Now back home, on the porch, with this Calabresi Canadian burning some 3 yr old Yenidje Supreme. Lime Perrier on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:59 pm Image
Mystery Blend in the bored-out MM Rob Roy

Knocked out two pastoral calls because I am on a roll... Heading home with SPRT...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 pm Smoking Dunhill Flake in a old Sea Rock Hawkbill and washing it down with a Lavazza Café con Leché. Thank goodness for the Moka Pot!
I love coffee, and have all kinds of gear to make various brews...but I've never been able to master the moka pot. I burn the stuff to waste oil every time. Shudder.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Chef Benny wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 am Newminster Danish Gold in the MMGC. Ice water.

Cheers!
How is that stuff? I've almost pulled the trigger on ordering it a couple of times, and haven't.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

SidStavros wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:47 pm Image

John Cooper with Bruce MacLaren, 1962 Monaco racing.

I am smoking Golden Blend's Black Cherry, cool water beside me.
I will be out of forum due to my summer vacations. With the grace of God i will see you in 3 weeks! Image
Hope you have some great holidays, Sid!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yeah, big things happening at PSF...JCF™ is winding down, ABC™ is gearing up, summertime is in full swing with temps soaring. It remains to be seen what monthly emphasis will hit us when fall rolls around.

Now smoking LC Cherry in a Vittoria 8315
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Moving on to more of the Sherlock Holmes series of Peterson pipes, now firing up the rusticated Holmes with some of my Burley blend. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 pm Smoking Dunhill Flake in a old Sea Rock Hawkbill and washing it down with a Lavazza Café con Leché. Thank goodness for the Moka Pot!
I love coffee, and have all kinds of gear to make various brews...but I've never been able to master the moka pot. I burn the stuff to waste oil every time. Shudder.
The key to the Moka Pot is in the pack and residual brew, about halfway full flip the lid open and turn off the heat and let it finish by itself.
The Troll Whisperer