First timer

geparo

Hi,

I Have been a cigarette smoker for 5 years and now I would like to try pipe smoking. I've read lots articles about that but when it's time to buy it's a big problem because there are too many shops or may be it's better to chose Amazon?

Where is the best place to buy a first pipe? And if you could - describe your choose please, you will help me so much! :uh:

Thanks!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

geparo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 pm Hi,

I Have been a cigarette smoker for 5 years and now I would like to try pipe smoking. I've read lots articles about that but when it's time to buy it's a big problem because there are too many shops or may be it's better to chose Amazon?

Where is the best place to buy a first pipe? And if you could - describe your choose please, you will help me so much! :uh:

Thanks!
I would buy a cob and some Carter Hall. Initial investment is low and you can decide if you like it. A cob and Carter Hall makes for a good smoke and an easy place to start.

Welcome to the forum!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome to PSF and the wonderful world of pipe smoking! If you have a shop close to your house I would start there. Like Fr Tom said, a cob and a pouch of tobacco. If you can't get a cob get a cheap basket pipe.
wvsmokeshop is a great place to find entry level pipes.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations
What ^^^^^ they said
avid

you will like it, at least i hope you do
insufferable filter guy
Bamarick

If not a Cob then buy a Dr. Grabow. They may not be fancy pipes, but they smoke well. My first was a Savoy from Amazon.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Welcome . Everyone has given good advice . I'll just toss out my spiel ..

I 2nd Briar Royale suggestion of wvsmokjeshop . They are one of the few places to buy " regular " pipes and their selection of them are great . Medico , yello bole , Kaywoodie and Grabows are all worthy pipes , as well as an MM Corn cob

While there getting a pipe ( or where ever ) , pick up a couple 1 oz samples of a few blends , though I'd strongly reccomend a pouch of Carter Hall or Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic because each of those are super easy to light and keep lit blends

Anyway , welcome and dont be in a hurry to " nail down " pipe smoking . In a short time it will be second nature to you

Their wvsmokeshop pipes are pretty damn neat , just sayin
https://wvsmokeshop.com/wvsmokeshoppipes.aspx
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Yep to all the above! And welcome!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Surlywill

I started smoking a pipe about a year ago. Smoked Cigars for over 30 years. My first pipe was a cob. Check out muttonchop piper on YouTube he has some great videos for first time pipers on getting started. I started with Carter Hall and liked it right off the bat. Everyone’s taste is different so try different blends and tobaccos until you find what you like. I like pipes so much now I hardly ever smoke a cigar😀
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein