Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:29 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:59 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:04 am
PA in a Pug.
I would really like to blame generation Z (late millennials)for hipsterism, but it seems to have occurred before they were old enough to really participate. I do think they have grasped to it a lot more than Y, since there are far more of Y that still identify with the values of the previous X. What I can say is that Gen Y and Z seem to be victims of not having a lot of the same things to worry about that previous generations did(real war and the aftermath). I have concluded that since they can't derive national identity from a sort of shared experience(tragedy tends to form community and social closeness).. they feel the need to seek some identity for themselves in the far fringes of individuality. Literally like grandma used to say, "Idle hands are the devil's tools", really rings true. But I digress.. this bowl of PA is really hitting the spot, and I am sitting here watching a thunderstorm roll in and enjoying the hell out of it.
You must be really fun at parties. Lol
You assume that I have real life friends that would invite me to a party. :lol: Seriously though.. Couple shots of Tequila and I am dancing on the table in a tube top.

PA in a Kaywoodie Saxon Pot.
And ya just can't unsee that. :shock:
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 7):
Bruyere_RoyaleRonv69houtenzielFr_TomMiddle EarthMr Beardsleyavid
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Ronv69 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:27 pm
Comoy's Cask #2 in the fake morta apple. Iced tea on the side.
Why aren't you busting out the Becker?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Ronv69MikeDennisonFr_TomMiddle EarthMr Beardsleyavid
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Maynard wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:08 pm
ImageRies Three Star Blue in this MM cob.
That is one handy cob! Very nice!👍
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 8):
Ronv69MikeDennisonhoutenzielFr_TomMaynardMiddle EarthMr Beardsleyavid
Ronv69
Founding Member

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Ronv69 wrote:
It's on hold pending sale 🙄
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 6):
Bruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonFr_TomMiddle EarthMr Beardsleyavid
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Whoever came up with the design of the Yello-Bole Spartan was a genius. A a wide round bowl in a square whatever-you-call-the-outside-of-the-bowl, the bowl and the part-that-comes-off-the-bowl are cast in purest American polished brylon. It is dark walnut brylon. Its edges gleam like a jewels'.

I've been admiring this pipe's construction and performance for the whole month of August 2019. Right now, I'm enjoying a bowl of SWRA in it. The Yello-Bole Spartan delivers a cool, consistent smoke, as promised and as predicted.

As any wise old pipe smoker will tell you, "All brylon wants to do is be your best friend,"
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 9):
Bruyere_RoyalehoutenzielMikeDennisonFr_TomrekamepipMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
"There are so many bums in this world it must make angels weep. WK is the kind of guy mothers wish their daughters would marry. It's too bad there's only one of him." ---- Overheard in a coffee shop in New Orleans.
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Ronv69 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Ronv69 wrote:
It's on hold pending sale 🙄
You should keep that one! It's a Paulo.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 7):
MikeDennisonFr_TomRonv69Middle EarthMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:02 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:59 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:04 am
PA in a Pug.

I would really like to blame generation Z (late millennials)for hipsterism, but it seems to have occurred before they were old enough to really participate. I do think they have grasped to it a lot more than Y, since there are far more of Y that still identify with the values of the previous X. What I can say is that Gen Y and Z seem to be victims of not having a lot of the same things to worry about that previous generations did(real war and the aftermath). I have concluded that since they can't derive national identity from a sort of shared experience(tragedy tends to form community and social closeness).. they feel the need to seek some identity for themselves in the far fringes of individuality. Literally like grandma used to say, "Idle hands are the devil's tools", really rings true. But I digress.. this bowl of PA is really hitting the spot, and I am sitting here watching a thunderstorm roll in and enjoying the hell out of it.
You must be really fun at parties. Lol
You assume that I have real life friends that would invite me to a party. :lol: Seriously though.. Couple shots of Tequila and I am dancing on the table in a tube top.

The Machine Made Cigar thread has a virtual friend who would would join you at that party but you can't afford her.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 8):
houtenzielBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMikeDennisonMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
"There are so many bums in this world it must make angels weep. WK is the kind of guy mothers wish their daughters would marry. It's too bad there's only one of him." ---- Overheard in a coffee shop in New Orleans.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:10 pm

SPRT in a bored-out MMCG

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 9):
Bruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonrekamepipsimplepipeshoutenzielMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
rekamepip
Member in Good Standing

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:57 pm
Whoever came up with the design of the Yello-Bole Spartan was a genius. A a wide round bowl in a square whatever-you-call-the-outside-of-the-bowl, the bowl and the part-that-comes-off-the-bowl are cast in purest American polished brylon. It is dark walnut brylon. Its edges gleam like a jewels'.

I've been admiring this pipe's construction and performance for the whole month of August 2019. Right now, I'm enjoying a bowl of SWRA in it. The Yello-Bole Spartan delivers a cool, consistent smoke, as promised and as predicted.

As any wise old pipe smoker will tell you, "All brylon wants to do is be your best friend,"
I think you found the best of the best when it comes to brylon
cant' wait to see if you order another Spartan in the future
:thumbs:
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 8):
Whalehead KingFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthMikeDennisonMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Kendal Dark in a Weber pot

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 8):
Bruyere_RoyalesimplepipeshoutenzielMiddle EarthMikeDennisonMr BeardsleyMaynardavid
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017