pipe literature

von lipvig

Hey all,

What pipe books do you have in your library?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

von lipvig wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pm Hey all,

I don't have any. As a matter of fact, I don't have a library! I sold all my books to Half Price after I got the internet, kinda like why I don't wear a watch anymore since I got a cell phone. Redundancy will not be tolerated, unless it happens to be the number of pipes I should own that we are discussing! :lol: Anyway, no pipe books. :(
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

The ultimate pipe book by Richard Carleton.. Alfred dunhill wrote a pipe book too. I think Amazon has them.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Armycw2

Does "My Lady Nicotine" count as a pipe book?
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have the first few years of pipe and tobacco magazines and richard carlton hackers book burly that's it . I used to have killer old catalogs but I let the shop keep all that stuff when I sold it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I have a few, I'll have to get the titles and post them here.
janim1

I have this finnish book name is transleted ''Little finnish pipe book'' it has history of pipe smoking in world and history of pipe smoking in finland, pipe shapes, tobacco strains, curing process and how to smoke a pipe.
One interesting fact about history of pipe smoking in Finland, was so called shepherd pipe, it was a large bowl set on ground, sometimes even carved on old tree stump and there was multiple stems so that more people could smoke from it, kinda like hookah, but way more hardcore.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have this one. Good read. Interesting to get a very old school tradition perspective on everything.. and I mean everything.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:19 am I have a few, I'll have to get the titles and post them here.

Heeey! I already posted to this thread! I'll post the names on Monday!
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:53 am
von lipvig wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pm Hey all,

I don't have any. As a matter of fact, I don't have a library! I sold all my books to Half Price after I got the internet, kinda like why I don't wear a watch anymore since I got a cell phone. Redundancy will not be tolerated, unless it happens to be the number of pipes I should own that we are discussing! :lol: Anyway, no pipe books. :(
Haha! I have about 1000 DVDs, dozens of books (but no pipe books yet). Curse you all...off to Amazon. Long live physical media!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski