What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Crusty Cob

Drew estate Kentucky fire cured with Kahlua and cream

It's a great time to be alive.

Whalehead King

I didn't get the Whale-Signal from Chef Benny, but it I did get it when KK tagged me in his reply. This never happens to Batman.

I've never seen a Wolf Bros. Crook in the wild the way you have, Chef. Lucky dog. As long of I've known of the brand, I have only known them as being out of business. I have a (soon to be liquidated) machine made cigar box museum in our hotel lobby. When I was assembling it, Wolf Bros. wasn't even an option. The line had gone defunct and nobody could really say when. There are still Wolf Bros. cigars out there, apparently. Lucky dog.

I do know that Finck has always promoted White Lighting Crooks as a slightly superior match to Wolf Bros. cigars, "...for those of you who miss the taste of Wolf Brothers' Rum Crooks, we'd like to present to you----Finck's White Lightning Crooks!" Wolf Brothers' Rum Crooks are legend.

Put that purchase in a safe deposit box and sell when you're ready to retire. Machine made cigar collectors go nuts for stuff like this!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Thank you Kevin, RuffinoGold and WH for the info on the Crooks.. :thumbs:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Whalehead King

I just finished two Villiger Black Mini Sumatras. 98 to go! I bought these because I was looking for a quick cigar. These are tasty but they are so quick!

Do I detect a hint of HMTL? I think I do but I doubt anybody in Switzerland is going to admit it.

Think of these as the Swatches of cigarillos. They're inexpensive and you can keep time with them. One cigar = 10 minutes. I think this may be the new wave in Swiss cigars. Excuse me, my newspaper is on fire.

Whalehead King

Maybe you're wondering why WMMCAYST(TM) isn't WMMCAYST(TM) in 2019. There is a history behind that, just as there is a history behind American made machine made cigars, cigars that harken back to the days when a mug of root beer cost a penny and a streetcar ride was only a nickel.

When the Gang of Five or So started up the WMMCAYST thread, years ago, so long ago that most of us were still wet behind the ears when it came to the wonderful world of American machine made cigars, it was just a lark. It was just another whiz-bang thread, like the belt buckle thread. It turned into something more. It became a repository of American machine made cigar lore. Those were the last waning days of drug store machine made cigars in the U.S. of A. They lasted longer than newsstands but their days were numbered from the get go. Marsh Wheeling, Topper, Muniemaker, Wolf Bros.-----I'd go on but I won't be able to type through my tears. So many quality machine made brands gone. Gone and pretty much forgotten. Life is brief. Nothing lasts forever. Make your peace with your maker. Really, the only brand I can recommend, nowadays is the Parodi Family of fine machine made cigars, dry Italian style cigars.

If you wonder why there is no expiration date on the WMMCAYST(TM) thread, its because the original WMMCAYST never shut down. It kept accumulating scholarly articles (well, everyone has an opinion about how scholarly those articles were), and reports of supposed extinct old-school brands sighted in the field. The old American machine made cigar mills were closing, victims of the taste for gas station cigars. When a machine made cigar has a natural leaf binder and wrapper, it can't compete with a convenience store blunt. WMMCAYST(TM) will last as long as people appreciate machine made cigars, no matter what their providence.

That original Gang of Five or So grew. It gained members. It lost some members. For what reasons, none can say.

One thing is for certain, the consistent quality of machine made cigars, no matter who makes them, will always attract new converts. Long live machine made cigars! Pip-pip-hooray!

Long live WMMCAYST(TM)!!!!!!!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 pm Maybe you're wondering why WMMCAYST(TM) isn't WMMCAYST(TM) in 2019. There is a history behind that, just as there is a history behind American made machine made cigars, cigars that harken back to the days when a mug of root beer cost a penny and a streetcar ride was only a nickel.

When the Gang of Five or So started up the WMMCAYST thread, years ago, so long ago that most of us were still wet behind the ears when it came to the wonderful world of American machine made cigars, it was just a lark. It was just another whiz-bang thread, like the belt buckle thread. It turned into something more. It became a repository of American machine made cigar lore. Those were the last waning days of drug store machine made cigars in the U.S. of A. They lasted longer than newsstands but their days were numbered from the get go. Marsh Wheeling, Topper, Muniemaker, Wolf Bros.-----I'd go on but I won't be able to type through my tears. So many quality machine made brands gone. Gone and pretty much forgotten. Life is brief. Nothing lasts forever. Make your peace with your maker. Really, the only brand I can recommend, nowadays is the Parodi Family of fine machine made cigars, dry Italian style cigars.

If you wonder why there is no expiration date on the WMMCAYST(TM) thread, its because the original WMMCAYST never shut down. It kept accumulating scholarly articles (well, everyone has an opinion about how scholarly those articles were), and reports of supposed extinct old-school brands sighted in the field. The old American machine made cigar mills were closing, victims of the taste for gas station cigars. When a machine made cigar has a natural leaf binder and wrapper, it can't compete with a convenience store blunt. WMMCAYST(TM) will last as long as people appreciate machine made cigars, no matter what their providence.

That original Gang of Five or So grew. It gained members. It lost some members. For what reasons, none can say.

One thing is for certain, the consistent quality of machine made cigars, no matter who makes them, will always attract new converts. Long live machine made cigars! Pip-pip-hooray!

After all these years, you're still the one! My favorite author by far!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 pm Maybe you're wondering why WMMCAYST(TM) isn't WMMCAYST(TM) in 2019. There is a history behind that, just as there is a history behind American made machine made cigars, cigars that harken back to the days when a mug of root beer cost a penny and a streetcar ride was only a nickel.

After all these years, you're still the one! My favorite author by far!
Prolly about six people are going to read this post, but that's okay. It's not for the six people tonight that we keep adding to WMMCAYST(TM). This thread is a gift to the future.

When the thread was in its former heyday, we knew we were preserving a record for a smoking experience that was going extinct. We had a mission.

We still have a mission.

By paying attention to the cigars no one else pays attention too, and documenting our reactions, and what we've learned about these brands, how they are made, how not too many ladies' legs are involved but the flavor remains constitant and and as tasty as a tall, cool, tropical drink, we are giving future historians the subject for their PhD dissertations. I'm smoking a Villiger in your honor, future scholars. That isn't a typo. Villiger is spelled with two i's.

WMMCAYST(TM) has a purpose. It has a mission. It may not always be apparent but it is here. It is the spirit of this thread. My favorite PSF emoji: :king:

The Gang of Five or So have a bond that will never be broken: a love for quality machine made cigars. :king:
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:27 pm
The Gang of Five or So have a bond that will never be broken: a love for quality machine made cigars. :king:
Sometimes it is about quality and not quantity.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Crusty Cob

Enjoying a de shorty whilst cleaning the gutters when what before my wondering eyes do appear but a bottle of ranch plugging my downspout. Wtf kids?
colorduke

Good morning machine made brothers,enjoying a Parodi Ammezzati with coffee this morning.Summer has been very hectic with my regular job and my side business ,just placed a order in at Famous for another 100 Parodi and DeNobili cigars and a few packs of Toppers.Whalehead King I'll be up in your old stomping grounds in a few weeks,my co is sending me up to Yale to do some samples at the George Bush memorial baseball stadium.Once work slows down for the winter I'll be dropping in more frequently,enjoy your weekend.