The Local Landscape Thread

Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 pm A duck in City Park, New Orleans:

People will watch anything, and they'll like it--- on Facebook.
I watched the whole thing and I loved it. I was transported..I laughed, I cried. I'll be watching that one a coupla more times, fer shur. 8-)
It does have the advantage of being blessedly brief and straight to the point.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:52 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 pm A duck in City Park, New Orleans:

People will watch anything, and they'll like it--- on Facebook.
I watched the whole thing and I loved it. I was transported..I laughed, I cried. I'll be watching that one a coupla more times, fer shur. 8-)
And you are right. We could not have more divergent accents and still be from the same country. You sounded more Cajun on the phone. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:52 pm
And you are right. We could not have more divergent accents and still be from the same country. You sounded more Cajun on the phone. :lol:
No one confuses me for a Cajun, nor should they---I'm from Connecticut. My native accent gets stronger and stronger the longer I live here. I think I sound like an extra in a James Cagney movie. Ah well, we all have to play the cards we're dealt. I could have it worse.

Here's another thrilling landscape video out in nature from last year. I include it here so you can luxuriate in the dulcet tones of my mellifluous voice:

sisyphus
Person of Interest

we have two seasons, flood and blizzard. Oh and there is also oven in between flood and blizzard
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:23 pm I spend most of my days within a mile radius of these houses.

2212, 2216, and 2222 Esplanade Avenue in New Orleans, LA. Mrs. King and I are the caretakers of these colorful local landmarks. It's not as glamorous a lifestyle as many imagine but it has its satisfactions.
Lol ... this whole time I thought it was just the middle one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

The view from my shower:

slowroll
Founding Member

Where I like sit under the trees in my backyard smoking and reading a book when I have time in the afternon
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

slowroll wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 pm Image

Where I like sit under the trees in my backyard smoking and reading a book when I have time in the afternon
That is a real nice view for sure! I’m sure you enjoy it :thumbs:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:36 pm ImageImage

Biltmore House, the largest privately owned home in the US. Built by George Vanderbilt in the late 1800s and money was not an issue. It’s located in Asheville, NC still owned by the family.
His apartment in Manhattan is insane!
The Troll Whisperer