Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Chef Benny wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:01 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:36 pm Image

Well, I guess it's time to pop open one of those rolls of Dunhill Nightcap. :D
That just seems wrong, Peterson.
I heard that Peterson split in two.. And smokingpipes.com bought the pipes half, but another company bought the tobacco half. So my prediction is that the old dunhill blends will sell out super fast at first. All the TAD ish cellar hoarder hipsters will buy up the first few releases.. Then over time it will be as available as most peterson blends. That's what happened when they re- released Irish Flake. I dig nightcap.. And EMP but I'm not gonna go all black Friday over them. 😆
Yes SP took over Peterson. I am looking forward to the rerelease of DNR.. I hope it's the same.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

I heard that Peterson split in two.. And smokingpipes.com bought the pipes half, but another company bought the tobacco half. So my prediction is that the old dunhill blends will sell out super fast at first. All the TAD ish cellar hoarder hipsters will buy up the first few releases.. Then over time it will be as available as most peterson blends. That's what happened when they re- released Irish Flake. I dig nightcap.. And EMP but I'm not gonna go all black Friday over them. 😆
Nightcap hoarder here. I enjoy a wide variety of tobaccos but will always have a special place in my cellar for this blend. As others have said, I am convinced that we have been living in the golden age of pipe tobacco and I do believe that being able to buy tailor made blends could become a thing of the past (jinx). As things stand, I could live to be 90 and will still have enough pipes and tobaccos, to be the last defiant old b*stard smoking a pipe at the park and I shall.
JTWilliams

"All the TAD ish cellar hoarder hipsters"
I misread that at first and thought, "Who'd wanna hoard hipsters?"
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Tsal
Forum Decorum

JTWilliams wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 pm That just seems wrong, Peterson.
"All the TAD ish cellar hoarder hipsters"
I misread that at first and thought, "Who'd wanna hoard hipsters?"
smh.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

This is so confusing.

DH gave up tobacco, so Peterson picked 'em up...?!?!

Then Peterson split up, with pipes going to SP...?!?!

So who got the tobacco that Peterson took from DH...?!?!

if i got that right
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 pm That just seems wrong, Peterson.
This is so confusing.

DH gave up tobacco, so Peterson picked 'em up...?!?!

Then Peterson split up, with pipes going to SP...?!?!

So who got the tobacco that Peterson took from DH...?!?!

if i got that right
STG is the blender, so maybe it's are the owner? https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/45 ... rning-pipe
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Twelve sweet ounces of tubbed goodness in the form of Capt. Black Copper. It's a balanced mix of black Cavendish and mellowed burleys with a touch of bright Virginia. Delightfully aromatic. A zesty adventure in smoking. Special offer and more at CaptainBlackPipe.com. It arrived in the mail today. I haven't opened it. I'm going to use my imagination for awhile before I crack this beauty.

Mmmmmm.
Dr Uhaha

Recently visited the Tobacco Tin in El Paso, TX. Man, these guys had about 15 bulk McClelland blends on the shelf and needless to say I left with a few ounces (okay, more than a few).

Funny how you can find anything gathering dust if you take the time to visit a B&M.
Dr Uhaha

Uhaha:

I think I should pick a few up.

You know you'll just buy it and seal it away until you forget that you even have it like the rest.

But what if it is really good and disappears again?

You need new tires, man!

Okay.
Clemson Tiger

Seattle Pipe Club “Deception Pass” & a 12oz bag of American Pride Vanilla Cavendish