The July Corndog Fry™ Corndogs in Progress Thread

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Read this first ~~~~~> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272

I'm going out here in a little bit and get a new Missouri Meerschaum to transform into a corndog for The July Corndog Fry! I'll post pics of the victim...err, I mean the pipe, when new and the progress toward doggydom. No promises, just threats! If you're in, post yours here too! How many times can I say corndog?
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Here's mine. I was hoping they would have a Rob Roy, but nope. That would be easier to work with to get it looking cornydogish. Whatevs. I might try to do the beading on it, definitely some attempt at diamonding up the plain jane shankaroo and stem. This is going to be a disaster, I can already tell! These things might turn out as ugly as homemade soap, but who cares? We're just gonna smoke the (corn) dog out of 'em anyway! :lol: Hey, I'm just here for the laughs...remember brylon? Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about! Let's give it the ol' PSF try and make this July the corniest!

Remember kids, accept no substitute! Unless you really would rather use a Chinese cob, then ok...go ahead...it's your funeral!

The victim:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im so on thins when my son Nick visits at the end of the month ! I'll make one for he and I and anyone else that shows up that wants one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

This catalog page might help to see or to give an idea of where to file, sand and junk. The pipes on both sides are what I'd include in the corndog class. :idea:

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm terrible at this. I used my pocket knife to whittle away at the shank but you can barely see anything. I think I'm done. The good part about this JCF project is that it gave me an excuse to buy another cob! And smoke it! This attempt was lame, but I still expect to see great fauxdogs from you real craftsmen. Here's my results. It stinks, but I'm gonna have it in the July Corndog Fry anyway! :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I wish I was even close to be able to make my own corndog.
A craftsman I am not!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whistlebritches

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 am This catalog page might help to see or to give an idea of where to file, sand and junk. The pipes on both sides are what I'd include in the corndog class. :idea:

Wow I have several of these square shanked cobs but only one true corn dog........or so I thought.I'm gonna have to get them together for a pic and let you be the judge.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Hey, if they look anything like those on that page, they’re corndogs as far as we care. MM put ‘em all on one page, so all are JCF worthy!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I think I'll do the beading on that fauxdog with a Sharpie. It smokes real good...If I closed my eyes I would think it was the Roxdog!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whistlebritches

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:53 pm Hey, if they look anything like those on that page, they’re corndogs as far as we care. MM put ‘em all on one page, so all are JCF worthy!

Ok you tell......which ones are Corn Dogs?