What Are You Smoking November 2019

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 pm A brutal day borough bouncing with people that shouldn't have the privilege of owning a driver license! Smoking Dan's sweet vanilla honeydew in a Triptow and drinking a Pilon instant. All day today I indulged in the fine flavors of Sutliff's Mixture No.79 in a Comoy's Prince. It seems m'lady has recharged her nag batteries this evening so I think I'll take Murdoch for a long walk 🙂
Ah, the Nagginbatteree - sounds like a medieval siege weapon? Probably works just as well. 😁
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:39 pm Was that tin still good?
oh yeah! Lol...👍
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in a Custombilt pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
JTWilliams

Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm This morning I enjoyed a bowl of Lane Limited RLP-6 in an Ehrlich. The pipe was a freebee from a forum member and I must confess that I haven't given it the attention it deserves. I only have 5 or 6 smokes in it so far and each smoke is a bit better than the previous. One thing for certain is that it doesn't appreciate being smoked fast so I've learned to make sure the tobacco is rather dry and then to smoke it just fast enough to keep from having relights. Life is good even though rain and cold temps are headed this way. Why even the dreaded "S" word has been mentioned.
That's sharp lookin!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
JTWilliams

Cassillero and my first pipeful of Voodoo Queen!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm This morning I enjoyed a bowl of Lane Limited RLP-6 in an Ehrlich. The pipe was a freebee from a forum member and I must confess that I haven't given it the attention it deserves. I only have 5 or 6 smokes in it so far and each smoke is a bit better than the previous. One thing for certain is that it doesn't appreciate being smoked fast so I've learned to make sure the tobacco is rather dry and then to smoke it just fast enough to keep from having relights. Life is good even though rain and cold temps are headed this way. Why even the dreaded "S" word has been mentioned.
Being meer lined, it will conduct your puffin into your paw really fast. It will also gurgle despite being meer, due to the draft being dead center at the bottom of the funnel. Tell you what though, that thing with Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew knocked my socks off every time.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

I'm getting to the end of my 9 oz. of Virigina Gold, Black and Gold in my Kirsten. Next up I'll pack some in my Tsuge. After two bowls of this tobacco there are no surprises. It's a nice every day tobacco if you like mild Cavendish Burley whatnot. I have no complaints. I find myself nodding off between puffs but I do that anyway when I'm writing my blog. [url]https://labelleesplanade.com/blog/ ... -triangle/. When I'm writing my blog is when I really get to clenching a pipe and stoking the bowl, when the creative juices get flowing and I start to sing through my keyboard like a Viking bard. YMMV.

I said I'm getting to then end of my 9oz. pouch of Virginia Gold. I probably have five ounces left. It's good tobacco but I understand why some people cellar different blends for variety's sake. I have a cellar but I'm waiting to sell those tins on E-Bay someday. I will sell my cellared tins for 1000x the the price I paid for this 9 oz. pouch of Virginia Gold. ----And, they call me mad! Mad, I tell you! In the end, I'll show them who is mad!!!

I love my Kirsten pipe. Whatever I pack into it burns like a champ and smokes cool and flavorful. YMMV.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bro Uhaha wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 pm A brutal day borough bouncing with people that shouldn't have the privilege of owning a driver license! Smoking Dan's sweet vanilla honeydew in a Triptow and drinking a Pilon instant. All day today I indulged in the fine flavors of Sutliff's Mixture No.79 in a Comoy's Prince. It seems m'lady has recharged her nag batteries this evening so I think I'll take Murdoch for a long walk 🙂
Ah, the Nagginbatteree - sounds like a medieval siege weapon? Probably works just as well. 😁
More like a medieval torture device. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:52 pm
It sounds as if Murdoch could do with some exercise.
I agree at least an hours worth and I think he needs to relax in the garage for a while too! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

My part-time assistant works as a bartender and waitress and she sometimes has to wear a tie for work. I've given her a couple of my old ties and people steal them from her locker. She showed me a tie someone else had given her. It was a similar pattern and the same texture as the dishcloth that this pipe is resting on. "Who gave you that tie?" I asked, "A clown?"

"No," Emily told me. "Allen gave it to me. Everybody's been making fun of it."

Allen is a gigolo.