Confessions Of A Pipe Smoker

Whalehead King

I'm not a robot without emotions. I'm not what you see.:

My favorite Tootsie Pop flavor is watermelon when it's in season.

I think stingers make a difference when it comes to a pipe that consistently delivers a dry, cool, long-lasting smoke. Every one of my stinger pipes has consistently outperformed their peers in my extensive collection.
Whalehead King

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm
I haven't liked ANY Captain Blech except...drum roll...The Grape. I do like the Grape, but rarely smoke it. Probably because I'm ashamed.
Don't be ashamed. Shout it out loud. This flavor has tempted me for years but I'm partial to Capt. Black Copper so the last tin I bought (still unopened as of this writing) was Copper, not Grape. Now, because of you, I am getting a craving for CB Grape---again. Turn up the volume after the first 37 seconds:

CB Grape lurks in my unconsciousness, the one CB blend I haven't tried besides Blue and White and Cherry. Then, once in a while, someone will mention it, usually you, Mike Dennison, and then I start yearning for it all over again after I had forgotten all about it. I want to forget about it but I'm afraid I won't be able to this time. My secret weapon: an unopened tin of 12 ozs of CB Copper. I love CB Copper. Now you've learned something else about me. I don't think Grape will topple Copper as my favorite CB blend.
Whalehead King

Middle Earth wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 am I have a fondness for most everything tobacco pipe related
It takes energy to be a hater
But haters gots to hate
Since it is a thread related meme, the only accommodation I made for the wimmins was dancing
I hate dancing, but I guess you do what you want to do
I do not live Freudian, so phallic pipes don't make me shook
With killa bird's-eye, no problem
One post summed it up
Cigar smokers........you down with that and not a pipe 'cause you shook.....
Every once in a while after June has come and gone, I stumble across a post and I think to myself, "This just may be the post of the year." I don't whether to love it or hate it but I know I'm no hater. Phallic pipes don't make me shook, either. C'mon, son. I'm down with that.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

1- I am a card carrying member of the tobacco douche club. I like almost all of the fancy pants esoterica / Germain's / haha I have it and you don't blends.

2- mixture 79 is awesome. Even better with age.

3- captain bobs blend is incredibly underrated

4- IPA's go in the same category as Mexican (and many European) beers - horse piss

5- I'm the opposite of Ruff. I love Danish pipes

6- I traded away a ton of mcclelland blends after they were no longer available and they started biting me. I sold the rest and bought tools with the money lol

7- I now use an aeropress for every cup of coffee that I make

8- I despise drying tobacco. Most of what I smoke comes out of the jar ready to go. If it shows up super wet, the tin airs out. If it stays super wet I dry some in the microwave. Laying it on a towel to dry to smoke in the future reminds me of scheduled sex. Ain't happening.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

8) I confess that I am struggling with Stage 1 Angry Middled Aged Man Syndrome. Symptoms include the sure knowledge that everyone is full of sh*t. Treatment includes: snus, pipe tobaccos, moderate whiskey intake, and equal part Merle Haggard/Waylon Jennings.

My family requests and appreciates privacy during this difficult time.
avid

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:12 am 8) I confess that I am struggling with Stage 1 Angry Middled Aged Man Syndrome. Symptoms include the sure knowledge that everyone is full of sh*t. Treatment includes: snus, pipe tobaccos, moderate whiskey intake, and equal part Merle Haggard/Waylon Jennings.

LOL
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:12 am 8) I confess that I am struggling with Stage 1 Angry Middled Aged Man Syndrome. Symptoms include the sure knowledge that everyone is full of sh*t. Treatment includes: snus, pipe tobaccos, moderate whiskey intake, and equal part Merle Haggard/Waylon Jennings.

Enjoy the anger, because after Stage 4 is Manopause. No puffs left to give. Then you might find yourself smoking some tropical aro out of a wiener shaped Danish pipe, and unrepentantly singing along with Alanis Morissette on the radio as you drive around town.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 am

Enjoy the anger, because after Stage 4 is Manopause. No puffs left to give. Then you might find yourself smoking some tropical aro out of a wiener shaped Danish pipe, and unrepentantly singing along with Alanis Morissette on the radio as you drive around town.
Just shoot me now.😖
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Here's a few more for me..
I order more snus and snuff than pipe stuff.
I don't and haven't ever practiced "resting my pipes". Even when I had a fleet of them, I'd just keep smoking the same one over and over.
I have such a pansy tongue that most of the blends that claim to be bite free still bite me.

This one is gonna get me in serious trouble.. I have sort of come to hate modern production Dr. Grabows. They use lacquer(which is an abomination) to finish them, which has bubbled on 4 different pipes which then had to be stripped with acetone and refinished. The nylon stems they are using have too thick of a bite and feel gummy, and 2 of mine came out of the blister packs completely blocked with shavings.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

9) I admit without reservation that consuming half a case of Oly stubbies and an entire jar of pickled eggs was a bad idea. Results scientifically predictable.