What Do You Carry Your Pipes In?

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Wildcrow's post about the awesome pipe roll he made got me thinking; what do you all use to carry your pipes in when out and about? I bought one of these:

Just a Plano single pistol case I found at Field And Stream. It holds a pipe or two, pouch of tobacco, matches and tamper more than sufficiently. I only use it when I'm going somewhere and I'm not the driver, camping, hiking and those sort of things. If I'm driving or or not going far my pockets suffice. Also, it doubles as a pistol case when I go BB gun shooting! I love BB/pellet pistols. So, what do you use for your pipes?
Wooda
Founding Member

I have a Jobey, lamb leather soft case that holds 6 pipes and a tin comfortably that follows me on family trips. Somehow haven't taken a pic of it...

DMKerr sent it to me as a prize way back when I won a little contest he did.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I got nothin' but my pockets. I won't buy a shirt if it doesn't have at least one pocket. Two is better and four is greatness. Viva guayabera!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

I carry my pipes, tamper, pipe cleaners and a pouch of tobacco in a metal pencil case I bought from Walmart.

avid

i wrap everything up in a guayabera
insufferable filter guy
Bullwinkle

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Pocketses

The Zippo usually stays in the right front shirt pocket. The pipe would typically be in my mouth.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

If I'm only going to bring one pipe I use my roll from sorringowl. If I'm bringing a few pipes and tobaccos for something like the pipe club meet I'll bring the roll, toss a couple other pipes in their socks, and then toss it all (including jars of tobacco) into a cheap harbor freight tool bag
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Just walking around I'll have a little pipe in my shirt pocket and baggie of tobacco in pants/shorts, maybe a cob somewhere too. But I leave the house with a fully loaded laptop bag. Fits a 7 pipe case, several tins and a small jar or two, a few more big pipes in the front pocket, spare tamper/matches/knife and little board/q tips and other misc. have their own zipped pockets. Holds a few pens too. An inner pocket behind the zippered ones that holds pouches, pipe cleaners and spare baggies, and a sleeve/pocket on the back for papers or anything that'll fit. I could probably live out of that for a month very comfortably.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bullwinkle wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm Image
Yep, I have one of these too. It resides in my daily work bag that holds all of my trucker necessities for the days drudgery (log books, glasses,flashlights, gloves, etc.). I keep a few pipes and some zip lock bags of tobacco in it along with other odds and ends like meds, pens, bandaids, etc..