Vitamin N

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:44 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:26 pm
houtenziel wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 pm GH Rope. So amazingly meaty and good.. but I could feel my throat tighten up in a niccup every single puff the first time I smoked it.
Rum twist was my everyday work smoke... ๐Ÿ‘ gonna start buying more once the hobbyists have their fill.
Rum twist & sweet maple twist are the two I still want to get my paws on. The sweet whiskey twist cut real thin has become a favorite for me
Coconut twist is another good one to add to your list. I never tried whiskey twist.
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Of all I have smoked only 1792 Flake hit me hard enough that I made notice. My homemade twists are stout and the maple, coconut, Brown bogie etc ropes just taste strong but donโ€™t hit me with a N punch.
โ€œIโ€™d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.โ€ - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:26 pm Rum twist was my everyday work smoke... ๐Ÿ‘ gonna start buying more once the hobbyists have their fill.
Rum twist & sweet maple twist are the two I still want to get my paws on. The sweet whiskey twist cut real thin has become a favorite for me
Coconut twist is another good one to add to your list. I never tried whiskey twist.
I can't claim to be a big fan of anything coconut, but if the opportunity arises I'll give that one a spin
โ€œIf you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?โ€ - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:25 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 pm

I can't claim to be a big fan of anything coconut, but if the opportunity arises I'll give that one a spin
It's nothing like an overly sweet aromatic, just barely in the back. More nutty than coconut, the pouch note is fresh coconut. If that makes any sense.. lol I'd send you some but I'm out of it.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

dunno why but i love detectable coconut in a blend, last one i had was Molto Dolce
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

avid wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:08 pm dunno why but i love detectable coconut in a blend, last one i had was Molto Dolce
Lane BLWB tastes just like toasted coconut to me. If you mix it with Amphora full aroma, it tastes like a Mounds bar.
โ€œTo educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.โ€
โ€• Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I've told this story a few years back , so if you've heard it already I apologize for my redundancy . I dont want to be the old guy that tells the same stories and everyone walks out of the room

Back in my smoke shop days , my Mother took a trip to Malta for a bit . Upon her return she brought me pipe tobacco from a shop there .. it was labeled .. " Malta Pipe Tobacco " . It was a dark brown air cured , I'd imagine , and I think it did not have any toping . Anyway , the pouch aroma was slightly oft putting and i really cant explain the aroma other than it was " tobaccoish " with like a sharp kinda leather thing going on , but not a nice leather .
The cut was like a wide ribbon that wasnt quit long enough to be a true ribbon .
So I lit it up and , dear God almighty , it really hurt . It hurt in many ways . It was sharp as hell , so it stung . . It burned hot , so a heat hot . I about dropped over with one hit , but being and idiot I thought something was wrong with me , surely it's not this bad ? So I went at it a bit . I dont know why i did but I did . The nicotine was brutal !! I mean ypu could feel it on your veins in you head . Of course I had customers try it if they wanted to , though I warned them . Everyone near died

If you've ever manned up and smoked any of the old school American Twists , like Kentucky Twist or Mamouth Cave or Cumberland twist etc ... , which is old school red Kentucky that the old timers would and still cut a chunk and either chew or smoke ... or both in whatever order . Anyway , if you've had those , imagine that nic hit x 10 , plus the horrible sharpness etc that Kentucky Twist doesn't have . If anything over the top , Kentucky Twist has a bit of a " tar " like thing going on and it's quite strong ... but not like " Malta Pipe Tobacco " . That was some heavy duty shit and I can't think of another way to put it

Malta Pipe Tobacco... give it to your enemies if you give it to anyone . Try it if you like suffering and being damaged and violated
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Nicotine is a funny thing.. It's the drug that keeps us hooked. I smoked American Spirit cigarettes for years.. Then quit.. I like to puff on cigars and pipes because I don't inhale them but it's still a nice way to relax and enjoy some interesting flavored smoke. I like Pipes and Cigars because they are the opposite of cigarettes and dip. They require patience and time. Yes.. They contain nicotine which is absorbed through mouth tissues, but not enough to have me fiending out mid day craving a smoke. I don't smoke at work or on the go. I smoke at home mostly.

Some full body cigars I like are...
Padron.. Tatjuae.. Liga Privado.

I am all over the place with my blends. I like medium and mild blends and I like Lakelands, Aromatics, English, Burlys... Lat bombs, spicy sweet.. it all has it's place.

Some strong blends I really like:

SG 1792 Flake
Irish Flake
Irish Oak
Old Ironsides
Orlik DSK
Mac Barren ODF
GLP Gaslight
War Horse
Granulated Perique (condiment)

Some strong blends I want to try:

5 Brothers
Jack knife Plug
Haddos Delight
Ten Russians
Brown Bogie
Picayunne
C&D OJK
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Not gonna lie.. I like nicotine. If nicotine free pipe tobacco that tasted exactly the same was possible, I wouldn't bother with it. Perhaps I am unenlightened, but most of my relaxation in smoking a pipe is in chemical form. I know there is a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth (and perhaps a little self righteous pride) over how pipe smokers must transcend addiction... but like I said, I am not gonna lie to myself or anyone else, or even remotely try to rationalize it.. I am an physically and mentally dependent, and I enjoy it.

Now I am gonna go grab a prilla of snus, a pinch of snuff, and maybe load up a bowl of SWR.. ;) Lets not forget Caffeine either.. gotta have that coffee fix..
โ€œTo educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.โ€
โ€• Theodore Roosevelt