Sign of the Codger

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:42 pm
avid wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:39 pm why should he help when you guys are having so much fun taunting me in the dog house, and i can wallow in martyrdom
It is fun.. but it's also kinda sad.
comes with the territory of being insufferable, unfortunately :|
I dunno, I think you are perfectly sufferable.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

SMH
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

In a nutshel , I think codgers arent full of shit but could probably tell a whopper story .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

They don't have tattoos that include the phrase "Codger" in them. The guy with the CODGER license plate? That's not the sign of a codger. Codgers look like you and me from the outside. If you flatter yourself, they look more like you. You'll never know a real codger until you see him or her in action.

Being a codger isn't a male-only vocation. Both Mammy Yokum and Ma Kettle were codgers. Most codgers, nowadays, though, are men. You know who would like more women codgers in the world today? The answer is: Men.

Sit next to a real codger while he enjoys his pipe:

"What are you looking at?" he'll ask.

"I'm trying to learn how to smoke a pipe from a master codger," you'll answer.

The codger will say: "If you can't teach yourself how to smoke a pipe, you're a darned fool. I suppose you're on one of them idjit internet forums they have nowadays, aintcha? Talking about vapors and top notes and grain and Andes mints." He will snort out a snork when he says that last part.

He will neither know nor care what a snork is. He does whatever he feels like doing.

The codger will continue talking to you for a moment before he gets back to thinking about something more important: "Here's whatcha do: Ya go down to the store and you buy a pipe off the counter, then, you buys yourself some tobacco, you put some tobacco in the pipe, then put the pipe in your mouth and you smoke it." The codger will slap you upside the head when he says this. Then, he'll affectionately call you a dummy.

As you walk away, you'll think to yourself, "That codger is totally right. Why have I been making a big deal about something so simple this whole time? I really have been a complete dummy."

You'll be totally right, too. When you get home, you'll delete your PSF account.

That's how you tell that someone is a real codger, dummy. Don't delete your account yet. We'll miss you.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm
You'll be totally right, too. When you get home, you'll delete your PSF account.

That's how you tell that someone is a real codger, dummy. Don't delete your account yet. We'll miss you.
Phew.. I am glad I made it to the end of that.. I was fixing to ask to have my account deleted.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

@avid. Did this work?
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm They don't have tattoos that include the phrase "Codger" in them. The guy with the CODGER license plate? That's not the sign of a codger. Codgers look like you and me from the outside. If you flatter yourself, they look more like you. You'll never know a real codger until you see him or her in action.

Being a codger isn't a male-only vocation. Both Mammy Yokum and Ma Kettle were codgers. Most codgers, nowadays, though, are men. You know who would like more women codgers in the world today? The answer is: Men.

Sit next to a real codger while he enjoys his pipe:

"What are you looking at?" he'll ask.

"I'm trying to learn how to smoke a pipe from a master codger," you'll answer.

The codger will say: "If you can't teach yourself how to smoke a pipe, you're a darned fool. I suppose you're on one of them idjit internet forums they have nowadays, aintcha? Talking about vapors and top notes and grain and Andes mints." He will snort out a snork when he says that last part.

He will neither know nor care what a snork is. He does whatever he feels like doing.

The codger will continue talking to you for a moment before he gets back to thinking about something more important: "Here's whatcha do: Ya go down to the store and you buy a pipe off the counter, then, you buys yourself some tobacco, you put some tobacco in the pipe, then put the pipe in your mouth and you smoke it." The codger will slap you upside the head when he says this. Then, he'll affectionately call you a dummy.

As you walk away, you'll think to yourself, "That codger is totally right. Why have I been making a big deal about something so simple this whole time? I really have been a complete dummy."

avid

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm @avid. Did this work?
not workin for you either
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I figure we are all codgers in training. We can't delete accounts until we arrive.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yer old man's a codger.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!