P-Lip Is a Scam!

Whalehead King

There I said it: P-lip is a scam.

Any P-lip fans out there who want to defend the idea of deflecting smoke off the tongue, please make yourselves heard. The honor of the P-lip is on the line.

I'm a big fan of filters and of stingers (I love any pipe with a stinger) but I think the P-lip system is overrated, to say the least. I think the P-lip is a patented scam. I love a cool and tasty smoke without tongue bite but I have never found any evidence that the P-lip system can deliver that better than just being smart.

No pipe with a P-lip will ever be welcome in my rotation.
janim1

They are no good. With them you do avoid burning your tongue, but then you are just gonna burn roof of your mouth, which is more nastier feeling.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The p-lip is the worst, WK, the worst. Even if you have the faux p-lip with the hole in the right place so you just burn your tongue instead of the roof of your mouth, they are impossible to clench
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

You guys , I swear
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Tried many times to figure it out. I hate them. Couldn't find a spot to bite where the thing wasn't skatin' across my teeth. The acrylic P-Lips are especially bad.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:44 pm You guys , I swear
When I smoke a P-lip, that's the only time I swear.

$#@***#!!&! overrated P-lip!
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:50 pm Tried many times to figure it out. I hate them. Couldn't find a spot to bite where the thing wasn't skatin' across my teeth. The acrylic P-Lips are especially bad.
"The Peterson P-Lip is a special mouthpiece designed and patented by Charles Peterson himself. It was originally meant to be a part of the Dry System’s design. However, it would prove so effective on its own that the P-Lip became it’s own option all together."

Effective for what? Making me crazy?

Unsurprisingly, nobody has tried to infringe on this patent. Why bother?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:01 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:50 pm Tried many times to figure it out. I hate them. Couldn't find a spot to bite where the thing wasn't skatin' across my teeth. The acrylic P-Lips are especially bad.
"The Peterson P-Lip is a special mouthpiece designed and patented by Charles Peterson himself. It was originally meant to be a part of the Dry System’s design. However, it would prove so effective on its own that the P-Lip became it’s own option all together."

Except for, you know..Vauen on their Luxus line, Savinelli on their Dry System pipes, WDC Wellington, and Dr. Grabow Omega.. :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:03 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Except for, you know..Vauen on their Luxus line, Savinelli on their Dry System pipes, WDC Wellington, and Dr. Grabow Omega.. :lol:
It's like catching lightning in a bottle, trying to capture that patented P-lip non-magic.
avid

from these and similar opinions expressed here before, which seem in the majority, notwithstanding mayoral edicts to the contrary, i am not sufficiently persuaded to find out for myself
insufferable filter guy