Charatan 391dc - no longer for sale

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This was sort of an errant ebay purchase. I was a few drinks deep, placed a bid and won. I've done a chamber ream and a salt & alcohol ghost chaser but that's as far as I've gone. No logo on the stem but has some numbers stamped on one side. Could be a replacement? Still a double comfort if it is. There's some tooth marks on the stem, and it hasn't been cleaned or sanded by me. Overall length is 5 5/8 chamber size is 0.85 x 1.7 $55 shipped in the US
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

This looks like a great pipe. Someone will be happy with that one.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
sisyphus
Person of Interest

not a replacement stem, the numbers always survive the CP on the other side. Mike Meyer can do a perfect CP stamp btw, I had him put one on one of mine and it is indistinguishable from factory.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 pm not a replacement stem, the numbers always survive the CP on the other side. Mike Meyer can do a perfect CP stamp btw, I had him put one on one of mine and it is indistinguishable from factory.

Interesting tidbit, thank you. The tooth marks are pretty deep so I may go that route if it ends up staying here
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 pm This looks like a great pipe. Someone will be happy with that one.
It is nice. And really in pretty dang great shape overall. I should probably smoke it and see if I change my mind HAHA
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

After a little thought (and noticing that there's a crack in one of my other large chambered pipes so this may take its place) I think I'll hold on to this one a while longer. Could this thread get closed please?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 pm After a little thought (and noticing that there's a crack in one of my other large chambered pipes so this may take its place) I think I'll hold on to this one a while longer. Could this thread get closed please?
I think you will be happy with the decision to keep it.

You want the entire thread deleted?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017