Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Taking one for the team because I don’t remember seeing anyone smoking an EA Carey pipe around here

Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

rekamepip wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:00 pm Taking one for the team because I don’t remember seeing anyone smoking an EA Carey pipe around here

That's a looker there! I've got a couple of Carey Magic Inch pipes and they are decent smokers. The main thing that I learned about them is that they seem to preform better the longer you go without changing the filter. Fresh filters seem to draw too much air. YMMV, of course.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ellis You wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:57 pm The Custombilt arrived today and Dan threw in some Arrowhead for lagnaippe! :clap:

looks great, I'm super happy about mine
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
sisyphus
Person of Interest

some Custombilts at Paul's I don't think we've seen yet. A couple nifty apples and a stylish little pot.
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
DMWyatt

I went to a tobacco shop in Muncie IN yesterday, finding much the same delirium surrounding glass as seems to be the norm these days. Once upon a time, this shop had 3 cases of pipes and was the only place I've ever seen the BC Astral pipes in stock. As is the case nearly everywhere I suspect, briar was down to a half a case of selection, and discounted deeply. I took home a Peterson Rock or Cashel XL02 for $45, but I can't well savor the bargain... The three new cases of glass bowls is a stark reminder of the decline ahead of us. Future visits to shops that stock briar are going to become pilgrimages, rather than waypoints in the journey.

No pictures to attach, but its pretty standard fare for Peterson. Black saddle bit, gold band, deep rustication and trademark black finish... It's built like a tank. It is my first Peterson, so it does hold that charm.
Luckily, beautiful women and beautiful guns have little in common. If they did, I'd be taking my life in my hands every time my gf borrowed my phone.
Middle Earth

Just go to the right pipe/cigar shop
There is nothing for nonsense
I am normally the only pipe-man
Everyone else is cigar
But it is love all around
Middle Earth

rekamepip wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:00 pm Taking one for the team because I don’t remember seeing anyone smoking an EA Carey pipe around here

Super cool pipe
Love that beauty
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

DMWyatt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 pm I went to a tobacco shop in Muncie IN yesterday, finding much the same delirium surrounding glass as seems to be the norm these days. Once upon a time, this shop had 3 cases of pipes and was the only place I've ever seen the BC Astral pipes in stock. As is the case nearly everywhere I suspect, briar was down to a half a case of selection, and discounted deeply. I took home a Peterson Rock or Cashel XL02 for $45, but I can't well savor the bargain... The three new cases of glass bowls is a stark reminder of the decline ahead of us. Future visits to shops that stock briar are going to become pilgrimages, rather than waypoints in the journey.

No pictures to attach, but its pretty standard fare for Peterson. Black saddle bit, gold band, deep rustication and trademark black finish... It's built like a tank. It is my first Peterson, so it does hold that charm.
$45 for a Pete is a pretty impressive snag. You should savor that!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Middle Earth wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:55 am
AndreRitter wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 am I can't imagine what you mean...

Oops.
They are both great, but
I Heart #2
A lot
Love it
Right???
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
AndreRitter

£4.94 posted. I like this game.

Seems to be of French origins according to the interwebs.

:uh: