Latest Tobacco Purchase 2018

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picked up some Middleton's Cherry and a 10-pack of Tampa Sweet Perfecto MM cigars

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm Picked up some Middleton's Cherry and a 10-pack of Tampa Sweet Perfecto MM cigars

I wish I could find Middleton's locally. And Mixture 79. I need to get a pouch of that some day.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have had one bowl of the Middleton's. It is good.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

No longer available in tubs but the grocery store I get CH from has pouches for around $3. Doesn't taste like cherry, think it was actually named after a street in Philly, still a solid Burley OTC. Always keep a pouch around.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:50 pm I have had one bowl of the Middleton's. It is good.
It’s good stuff. [mention]Wildcat[/mention] sent me a sample a few years back and I bought it by the tub till you couldn’t. :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Three tins of Dunhill Dark Flake, one of C&D Black Frigate, four ounces of Elizabethan Match and a double handful of pipe cleaners.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm No longer available in tubs but the grocery store I get CH from has pouches for around $3. Doesn't taste like cherry, think it was actually named after a street in Philly, still a solid Burley OTC. Always keep a pouch around.
It is fairly mild for my tastes but pleasant. I don't get a cherry taste, but there is a sweet topping. It will get smoked in the car when the CH is is gone.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I snagged a 250g box of best brown flake from p&c that finally showed up today

Also grabbed an older square tin of university flake and some bourbon bleu with about 3 years age on it at a local b&m today
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Got down off my high horse and bought some OTCs. A tub of Carter Hall and a pouch of Prince Albert.

My grandpappy smoked PA. I'm curious to see if the olfactory memory banks retained it.

Also, I found a tin McClelland Navy Cavendish at a B&M a couple weeks ago.
ever forward
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

arturo7 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm Got down off my high horse and bought some OTCs. A tub of Carter Hall and a pouch of Prince Albert.

My grandpappy smoked PA. I'm curious to see if the olfactory memory banks retained it.

Also, I found a tin McClelland Navy Cavendish at a B&M a couple weeks ago.
Is that PA pouch the old or the new picture of Al? The new pouch seems to be cut slightly different to me, and I don't get the slight chemical note when lighting. It is more like the '80's PA I have smoked in terms of taste.

Old Ted Award - 2017