Pizza....

Whalehead King

Does anyone have any opinions on this?
Whalehead King

I know I wouldn't want to be this guy:

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I like all three, Chicago, Detroit and New York style. My favorite is the local Italian bakery because their dough is based on their Italian bread and it's the only pizza I never, ever leave crusts in the box. Place is called Orsi's if you're ever in Omaha.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Whalehead King

sisyphus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 pm I like all three, Chicago, Detroit and New York style.
THREE? I think there is more than that. Even you cast a vote for Omaha.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

big three then
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

My favorite place locally is Rocky's Corner in Hot Springs, AR, which is Chicago style. It is directly across the street from Oaklawn, so stumbling there after betting on horses all afternoon is a no brainer.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

OK, the worm can is open...

Woe to the person who doesn't have a decent NY style delivery or slices nearby.

A proper Italian style wood oven pizza is awesome. Just don't get carried away with the toppings.

St. Louis style pizza, that's right St Louis style, is the best on the planet.

And above all, pizza is thin.

If it ain't thin, it ain't pizza. It's a frikkin casserole. Feed it to yer granny.
ever forward
Middle Earth

I have never had any pizza that I did not enjoy
Not once, never, ever
Crust, cheese and whatever and it tastes good to me
But like most anything good, there is a spectrum of goodness
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The Egyptian pizza got it's start in Big D. A "friend" of New Orleans crime boss Carlos Marcello, Joseph Campisi opened the restaurant in 1946. He also happened to be a made guy and a member of the now defunct Dallas Crime Family. Jack Ruby used to eat there. The location below used to be the only one but now they have lots of locations, trading mostly on the past. The Fort Worth location doesn't look like the original restaurant. More boojie. Also way too expensive for what you get.

My favorite pizza is the big old NY pizza, cheese. I fold the slices in half, in half. I will be shaking on a shitload of Tabasco too. The pizza shop in my town makes NY pizza but they're not Italian. Albanian, but they do a great business and the pizza is really good.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

i was tempted to run out and grab pizza this evening...maybe tomorrow

any style that is basically deep dish with a crisp crust works for me, i will eat a few pieces at a time to eat as much as possible

as far as a standard, medium thickness pizza, with a decent crust, tomato, bacon, sprinkled with red pepper flakes, is my go-to
insufferable filter guy