Box pass 2020 !!

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:32 pm On a bright note: The Carolina Red Flake someone put in is well on it's way to a buddy in Afghanistan
Think that would be me.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Whalehead King

Beep! Beep! Tracking Code Received. Beep!

Whalehead King

The box is en route. As I got to thinking about the airmail to get it here, I stumbled onto this beautiful video. The most beautiful part of it is the introduction but all 11:52 are fascinating. It's something we don't think of often. I didn't realize it wasn't just an updated Skylab.

I trust NASA the way I trust the USPS. That's solid trust.

Your tax dollars at work. Space force. The future is bright.
Whalehead King

The box is landed in New Orleans. It's not as big as I thought it would be.

It is packed with all sorts of goodness.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 pm The box is landed in New Orleans. It's not as big as I thought it would be.

It is packed with all sorts of goodness.
Bust that sucker open , man
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm Bust that sucker open , man
If there are no photos, it never happened.

I have busted this sucker open, man, but there are no photos available at this time.

I'm considering my options of what to take. I already have some stuff to give but I think the box should leave Chez King a tad lighter than it arrived. It's against my generous nature but there is plenty to choose from and we always have to encourage people to take. This box is a cornucopia of pipes and tobaccos, along with a handful of accessories, nostrums, sundries, and naughty bits.

The whole box was full of bubble wrap. A tip of my fedora to KK for his mad packing skills. Everything arrived in one piece.

I have to scroll up to find out who's next on the list. Wait...hold on.....I'm almost there...... [mention]Ellis You[/mention] , this box will be headed your way soon. PM with tracking number to follow. Wait'll you see what's in here. It will make your eyes water.

Update to follow tomorrow before I mail it off on Thursday.
Whalehead King

I should add that Mrs. King is into adding something to the box. She didn't know anything about it until the other day. She didn't tell me about until this morning, when she told me that we got a package next door and she thinks its from the pipe forum. We never talk about PSF and rarely even talk about pipe smoking. It's not her game, see?

"We can add...xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx.." She said. [Those exes are there because I don't want to tell you what she wants to add to the box.]

"That's a good idea," I said.

Mrs. King is the nicest person you will ever meet. Opposites attract. I told her that the box's contents don't have to be all pipe-related. There is always room for goodwill and good cheer.

Mrs. King will be adding something to the box, too. That's nice.

This makes me very happy. Moving forward, this will be a very special box, indeed. It will be full of good wishes down the line from the better half of this operation we're running in New Orleans.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:19 pm There is always room for goodwill and good cheer.
On a technicality, goodwill and good cheer is really pipe-related almost by definition.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:19 pm I should add that Mrs. King is into adding something to the box. She didn't know anything about it until the other day. She didn't tell me about until this morning, when she told me that we got a package next door and she thinks its from the pipe forum. We never talk about PSF and rarely even talk about pipe smoking. It's not her game, see?

"We can add...xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx.." She said. [Those exes are there because I don't want to tell you what she wants to add to the box.]

"That's a good idea," I said.

Mrs. King is the nicest person you will ever meet. Opposites attract. I told her that the box's contents don't have to be all pipe-related. There is always room for goodwill and good cheer.

Mrs. King will be adding something to the box, too. That's nice.

This makes me very happy. Moving forward, this will be a very special box, indeed. It will be full of good wishes down the line from the better half of this operation we're running in New Orleans.
Damn it , is it cookies !!!!!!!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

I just went to my desk to plug in my computer, to recharge it while I'm walking the dog.

My desk is full of the box pass's contents:

It smells like a pipe shop in the 80s in my office!!! I gotta go walk the dog! If I stay any longer, I'll succumb to the temptation to dip into the offerings.