Gardening

avid

Rabbits have been eating my bean plants and Italian parsley (they won't touch the curley parsley)... :evil:
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

avid wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:15 pm Rabbits have been eating my bean plants and Italian parsley (they won't touch the curley parsley)... :evil:
That sucks , here ya go .... https://honest-food.net/wild-game/rabbi ... l-recipes/

Mt tomato plants are beyond expectation .. it may be the best season yet !? I'll take pictures tomorrow :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
avid

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:33 pm
avid wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:15 pm Rabbits have been eating my bean plants and Italian parsley (they won't touch the curley parsley)... :evil:
That sucks , here ya go .... https://honest-food.net/wild-game/rabbi ... l-recipes/

Mt tomato plants are beyond expectation .. it may be the best season yet !? I'll take pictures tomorrow :thumbs:
LOL! Thanks, ruff, coincidentally, I had that web site bookmarked. Finally put some wire around them, is doing the trick but they are way behind. As far as the tomatoes, I'm seeing the same thing, growing rapidly! I need to spend some time weeding and trimming back the plants, put cages around them, or I'll have a big problem on my hands.
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have rabbits but I have dogs too . Two days ago was hysterical ... Trigger , whom isnt the brightest dog for sure , was laying down and a smallish young rabbit was about two foot away in some higher grass . I walked up to him and I saw the damn rabbit but he didnt . So , I held him and shooed the rabbit with my foot . Trigger , once he saw it , looked at me with a ... " Holy shit , Dad .. it was there the whole time " look . Dresden , God bless that little guy [ I had to put him down recently ] would have been all over that rabbit if it were within 50 yards

I just got home but I'm gonna take some pics , go get some vanilla ice cream to have with all the black berries the boys are pickin and then I'll post em
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Joseph just turned 11 and is 5 foot tall .You cant see many tomatoes in the pictures because they are green . But as an example , the bushy short plant [ celebrity ] has 27 tomatoes on it of all sizes . The San Marzanos have clusters of 5 tomatoes , about 5 + clusters each . The Early girl has the least but each flower pops a tomato and it has a ton of flowers on it

San Marzano

Early Girl

San Marzano

Celebrity
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

We have a bazillion black berry " weeds " . Usually the Deer wipe us out but its early and the first black black berries are ripening .. theres still a ton of red but by next week its gonna be super great

Next year I think I'll do a garden other than just my " tomato spot " . Theres an old garden spot on one end of the big barn but trees have grown too big around that spot and its shaded . So , this fall I'll clear the trees which will aloow that spot to rock , plus allow more sunlight into the little green house

avid

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 pm Joseph just turned 11 and is 5 foot tall .You cant see many tomatoes in the pictures because they are green . But as an example , the bushy short plant [ celebrity ] has 27 tomatoes on it of all sizes . The San Marzanos have clusters of 5 tomatoes , about 5 + clusters each . The Early girl has the least but each flower pops a tomato and it has a ton of flowers on it

San Marzano

Early Girl

San Marzano

Celebrity
Wow! There is nothing like garden fresh tomatoes!
insufferable filter guy
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

We are getting lots of cherry tomato's right now. Only 2 of the big tomato's so far. The cucumbers have flowers so we are hopeful they produce for us this year.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 pm Joseph just turned 11 and is 5 foot tall .You cant see many tomatoes in the pictures because they are green . But as an example , the bushy short plant [ celebrity ] has 27 tomatoes on it of all sizes . The San Marzanos have clusters of 5 tomatoes , about 5 + clusters each . The Early girl has the least but each flower pops a tomato and it has a ton of flowers on it

San Marzano

Early Girl

San Marzano

Celebrity
I love celebrity tomato plants.My 4 have put off at least 60-70 6-8 ounces maters already.Still probably that many or more in the green.Last year I picked my last celebrity's in October.My little trick is saving all our egg shells for the year,I put them in my compost/horse manure pile.I use this lightly in the rest of the garden but the maters and okra get the brunt of it.Last year my Clemson Spineless grew to 9' tall.I had to bow the stalks over to clip the okra.Do the garden spot.......and make friends with some horse people.
Wooda
Founding Member

ImageEverything is growing great except for my tomatoes and peppers. Might have mulched too deep with the wood chips
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.