What's For Supper?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:51 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Are you eating with an Opinel knife? Good man. I do that, too, much to Mrs. King's chagrin.

"Why do you have to use your pocket knife?"

Because it's sharp.
Exactly! I always use it for steak, I wanted to get the set of steak knives but she said no. She also gets embarrassed when I use it in a restaurant. Lol
Mrs. King doesn't get embarrassed in restaurants, anymore. She asks to borrow mine. Why saw away at something when you can slice off a bite with ease? She doesn't carry her own knife. That's one more reason why I'm an excellent dinner companion.
Hacking through an expensive steak at a restaurant with a dull steak knife is a bad experience. I've offered mine to her many times and she always looks like around frantically to see I'd anyone is watching..
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

You’d think a place that has the gall to charge $25 for a steak dinner would have sense enough to provide sharp knives so the customers don’t realize the steaks are cheap and tough.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 pm You’d think a place that has the gall to charge $25 for a steak dinner would have sense enough to provide sharp knives so the customers don’t realize the steaks are cheap and tough.
Our gall is much different than yours, at least 32 at a "steak house" here for a piece of leather. I always judge a restaurant based on their cutlery, there is nothing worse than being handed a dull half serrated spatula that's about 10 years old with a wooden or black handle.
The Troll Whisperer
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Beef book tripe, bok choy, pickled onion, over rice. Plenty of jalapeno, garlic, and ginger up in here too!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Seafood steamer

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:52 pm Seafood steamer

looks fantastic
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Steak.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Chaffles and bacon.
Craydes

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 pm Chaffles and bacon.
I never thought of it like that. Our stove doesn't have a vent installed. So every time I turn on the stove.... That alarm goes off. We end up with a fan in front of it....
Just.....

….pretend I said something witty.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

KFC, crispy, with the fixings. Didn't feel like cookin'.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-