Carry Piece

9 Iron
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:38 am CZ gives a law enforcement discount, which kind of has me looking at this one as well.
I own a PCR, it’s a fantastic pistol. Hardly ever use my xd9 since getting it. But I’m a fan of da/sa and I really like the decocker, I’m comfortable carrying it around in half-cock and prefer the heavier first pull as a measure of safety. The rubber palm swell grips are very comfortable in the hand but they are very grabby on your shirt when you carry iwb. I put some Lok Grips on mine and like it better (they have the same palm swell but are made of g10). This is an alloy gun but it is not a light gun, nor is it a small gun. If small, light and concealable is what you want I’d look hard at the Sig 365 or even a Kahr pm9. The PCR is best carried owb in a nice leather holster under an overshirt shirt or jacket. I do have a Clinger comfort iwb holster for it and it does what it advertises, but it’s still a large firearm and the weight is there, and it’s far more comfortable owb.

My CZ PCR:
Middle Earth

I am a P365 and P320 fan boy
After a rough start Sig go them 100%
Never owned a CZ but they seem to have a great line of firearms
Middle Earth

9 Iron wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 am
sisyphus wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:38 am CZ gives a law enforcement discount, which kind of has me looking at this one as well.
I own a PCR, it’s a fantastic pistol. Hardly ever use my xd9 since getting it. But I’m a fan of da/sa and I really like the decocker, I’m comfortable carrying it around in half-cock and prefer the heavier first pull as a measure of safety. The rubber palm swell grips are very comfortable in the hand but they are very grabby on your shirt when you carry iwb. I put some Lok Grips on mine and like it better (they have the same palm swell but are made of g10). This is an alloy gun but it is not a light gun, nor is it a small gun. If small, light and concealable is what you want I’d look hard at the Sig 365 or even a Kahr pm9. The PCR is best carried owb in a nice leather holster under an overshirt shirt or jacket. I do have a Clinger comfort iwb holster for it and it does what it advertises, but it’s still a large firearm and the weight is there, and it’s far more comfortable owb.

My CZ PCR:
I love S/A D/A decocker pistols
Have a couple FNX Tactical .45 ACPs
Pricey, but like anything........

BTW, I either have a SIG 320 or FNX .45 ACP in my truck for " truck carry"
I have a CrossBreed holster for each but truck-carry is easy
Mostly, I pocket carry two LCP IIs with Underwood Penetrator amminition
I like symmetry

9 Iron
Founding Member

I carry thatUnderwood Penetrator ammo in my Ruger 357 when I’m walking in the woods (because it’ll punch through bear hide and bone) but for my semi autos (except range shooting) it’s hollow points for expansion.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

was very happy with the Walther at the range today, put the first 300 through it. Flawless, although my handling of it wasn't and I have a few rounds at the range to go before I am lethal with it like my 1911. I seem to be pulling my shots, probably because it's so much lighter and smaller than I'm used to. I'll keep working on it, the problem there is me not the gun.
My boy and I were a little shocked at how close it was to his HK P30SK. Someone copied someone! Both great guns.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list