Here we go .... A promise , a goal and middleton cherry blend

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Anyone around the pipe internet for awhile knows I dig cherry blends . Cherry blends , like all other blends , whether aromatic flavored or any other genre .. follow the same " realism rule "

Realism Rule :
Tobacco ... Most are good , some suck and some are great

Cherry blends are not an exception to the rule

By far , my favorite cherry blend , which isnt very cherryish imho , is Middletons Cherry

I favor , what apparently is the now no longer produced Middleton Cherry . It's a blend I keep in one of those glass humidor jars with the humidity stone in the lid . Its the only blend i have that doesnt need to be unscrewed from a mason jar or dug out of the " cellar " .. why , because I got way to many options of blends and some time I open the cellar and say ... " gimme a freaking break .. I don't know what I want " ... those times , I go fill the pipe with cherry blend because I'm never not in the mood for it when I don't know what I want . It's of course a very familiar blend . I smoked other stuff the first few years of pipe smoking and finally tried it out in the early 80's I gather

Is Middleton Cherry even cherry flavored ? .. I have no clue. I dont know what that is in it but they say it's cherry ... So There you have It. I really really love the blend . For me , it's aroma IS pipe tobacco . It's fantastic

John Middleton had a shop in Pennsylvania in the late 1800s if I remember right . I forget when it closed down . Middletons today is a brand named owned by Altria Group , a huge conglomerate . Sadly , during this time of internet pipe tobacco possibilities ( the new shitty golden age in a way ) ... I guess they decided it Wasnt worth making anymore and it's a bit heart breaking

Here's a promise . I'm going to do what i can to write about the history of the blend . Im going to call around and see if i can talk to whomever was making it, whoneverbhss memorabilia etc ... if I havevto travel to Pa or where ever to do it , I will

The goal is to write a true no bullshit historical account of the blends time on Earth .... and why not . 1000 years from now , some guy will research what was that thing called pipe tobacco ......... and there it will be .... the historical account of Middleton Cherry blend on the planet Earth ... by good ole Ruff

I've tried to write a compendium about aromatics numerous times and it's too difficult for me to do , unfortunately . I always scrap it . But , this I can do
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Lookin' forward to reading it, Mr. Mayor. I never tried Middleton's Cherry, but I did enjoy Middleton's Apple...which didn't really taste much like apple. It, too, is gone.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Hey Ruff! If I find some locally do you want me to buy it up?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:48 pm Hey Ruff! If I find some locally do you want me to buy it up?
:)
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Hey Ruff I sent a pm to ya.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
WickedLicorice

Happy to have found a fellow fan of the Middleton's Cherry Blend. I've smoked it for over 40 years and am disappointed to have it discontinued because I can't find a good substitute. Everyone I asks recommends a true cherry blend, and I never really picked up on the cherry in the Middleton's. Any suggestions? I'm getting down to the end of the stash.
Try Cob

I always liked Paladin.

The TV show starring Richard Boone, not the tobacco - never tried it.

So glad I could help.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This is on my radar . I'm looking to take time off soon

:thumbs:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MC just smells like cherry in the pouch, it's just okay for my tastes but it isn't bad. They still make the cherry cigarillos and when I get a hankerin' I buy them. It's been over ten years easily since I smoked it in a briar.

My favorite cherry blend is Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish, it's not goopy and made with quality tobaccos that you can taste and the cherry flavor comes across as real black cherries not cough syrup.. it's is also rebranded as Sutliff's St. Georges.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My apologies for going off topic.
The Troll Whisperer