A Pair of CZs

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I picked up a stainless CZ 75 when I saw they discontinued them in 2019 and saw they were still available.

Shooting my boy's HK got me interested in owning a pistol other than my Dan Wesson 1911 because I saw the value in having a range gun that used less expensive ammo, plus the better carry options 9mm offers. So I snagged the above CZ, which scratched an itch I already had for a Browning Hi Power. and WOW did I like that CZ when it showed up. What a great gun for the range. The European cousin of my CZ-owned Dan Wesson 1911. Two different philosophies for attacking the same problem produced by factories separated by an ocean, both sidearms with a liberal helping of John Moses Browning. Put a fiber optic front sight on it and have some Lok grips coming and this is going to be my primary range sidearm. Also, the Memorial Day sales got me, and I have a Galco Combat Master holster for this gun. Very nice.

Liked it so much, and was having no luck at all getting the results I wanted with my Walther carry piece, so the Walther got traded in on this.

I opted for the steel frame version instead of alloy. I like heavy steel guns. They soak up recoil and help make up for deficiencies in my pistol handling. I'm adept with a rifle, but I have to work harder with the pistol to get results I can live with, and the pistols I've always shot best were heavy steel sidearms. I didn't blink an eye at the loss I took on that Walther. I tried and tried and just couldn't come to love it.

This one gets a Black Arch IWB holster and will be my carry piece. Lok grips coming for this as well.
Super impressed with these CZ sidearms. Incredibly nice guns for the money they're asking.
The two together:
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

also these are both getting stainless guide rods to replace the factory plastic rods
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:33 am also these are both getting stainless guide rods to replace the factory plastic rods
Perfect upgrade for the cz guns
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Middle Earth

Most every CZ gets a lot of love
I have been wanting a PO - 1
I always buy in pairs like you did here
Great guns
Good for you
avid

never handled one but they do look nice, like a natural fit. and they have been competitvely priced forever
insufferable filter guy
Hey Sparky
Founding Member

Nice guns!!

I picked up a CZ PCR (CZ 75D) a couple of years ago and it's quickly become one of my favorite pistols. I'm a big DA/SA fan, and CZ pistols are very fine in my opinion. Also prefer a decocker to safety. I'm hoping to pick up another one or two in the near future.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Hey Sparky wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am Nice guns!!

I picked up a CZ PCR (CZ 75D) a couple of years ago and it's quickly become one of my favorite pistols. I'm a big DA/SA fan, and CZ pistols are very fine in my opinion. Also prefer a decocker to safety. I'm hoping to pick up another one or two in the near future.
Hiya Sparky, good to see ya!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Hey Sparky
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:31 am
Hey Sparky wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am Nice guns!!

Hiya Sparky, good to see ya!
Hello good sir and thank you! My forum presences have been lacking for a while :)
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I like the look of the CZ 75 and it's knockoffs. They look like a double action Hi-Power to me. I had a Hi-Power once and stupidly sold it. I don't have the CZ 75. I opted for the budget gun, a TriStar/Canik S120. All steel, 4.5" barrel, 17 +1/ I am very happy with it. Now on the search for thinner wooden grips.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:50 am stupidly sold it
BTDT
insufferable filter guy