33%
Snowman's 1974 Kenworth W-900
67%
Sonny's 1974 Kenworth W-950
No votes

Total votes: 6
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:06 pm Truth of the matter is I’d drive any of the trucks in these pics. I dig cab overs. I hate side fairings. I had a bad experience adjusting the the clutch late one night on a creeper. I shimmied under from the rear, got crossed up and stuck under the truck and somehow got panicked. My partner, JaeBird, had to fish me out from top side pushing me back out. Only time it ever happened. Getting panicked, not getting stuck and I was a smaller fellow in those days. Lol.
That's probably because you were all wirey and climbed up in there. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

[/quote]That's probably because you were all wirey and climbed up in there. Lol
[/quote]

I’ve never been wirey. 🙄. Smaller, yes. WIREY, no.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Sonny and Snowman mugging for the camera

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:33 pm
That's probably because you were all wirey and climbed up in there. Lol
[/quote]

I’ve never been wirey. 🙄. Smaller, yes. WIREY, no.
[/quote] :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 pm Sonny and Snowman mugging for the camera

I'd wear that sweater.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The Snowman gives it up

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

God and Texas!
RDPipes

Drove for 20+ years local and OTR, last truck was a 2000 Kenworth 3 axle conventional. Before that they weren't always pretty.
Drove an old Mack 6 speed 2 axle and an even older Freight shaker cabin over 3 axle with a tag that use to beat me to death regularly.
Then I went lease driver for a company and drove a 75 Freight shaker 3 axle cabin over sleeper. Not a bad truck as far as cab over's go
which is good cause I spent most my time in it leased to Coke running tanker's to Tucson. Drove a 60 Kenworth conv. for C&H for a time too.
Really can't remember all the trucks I drove just the ones that stuck out, like an old 65 Frieght shaker 3 axle cabin over sleeper the company got
from Transcon, a 10 speed (as most of the trucks I drove except the Mack 6spd and the Pete 13spd) with the splitter on the dash. Yep, they used
the same switch type used to slide the 5th wheel. Real fun having to slap the dash every time I split gears but, ya got use to it. I was told Transcon
did that to slow there drivers down shifting, yeah I know, how fast can ya shift a 10 speed anyway, these trucks weren't hot rods.
RDPipes

Hey, for an intertrashtional that's a nice look'en truck.
I remember from time to time I had to drive a cabover with the blasted 8 speed
and use to wrench my shoulder grabbing 8th gear all the time. Had the dadburn stick
up on the doghouse almost and set back way too far, hated it but, I like that one ..........for what it is respectfully.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

RDPipes wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:28 pm Drove for 20+ years local and OTR, last truck was a 2000 Kenworth 3 axle conventional. Before that they weren't always pretty.
Drove an old Mack 6 speed 2 axle and an even older Freight shaker cabin over 3 axle with a tag that use to beat me to death regularly.
Then I went lease driver for a company and drove a 75 Freight shaker 3 axle cabin over sleeper. Not a bad truck as far as cab over's go
which is good cause I spent most my time in it leased to Coke running tanker's to Tucson. Drove a 60 Kenworth conv. for C&H for a time too.
Really can't remember all the trucks I drove just the ones that stuck out, like an old 65 Frieght shaker 3 axle cabin over sleeper the company got
from Transcon, a 10 speed (as most of the trucks I drove except the Mack 6spd and the Pete 13spd) with the splitter on the dash. Yep, they used
the same switch type used to slide the 5th wheel. Real fun having to slap the dash every time I split gears but, ya got use to it. I was told Transcon
did that to slow there drivers down shifting, yeah I know, how fast can ya shift a 10 speed anyway, these trucks weren't hot rods.
Slow and steady! I've driven a dash slapper before, not for work but for fun. Love the trucks 👍
The Troll Whisperer