Knife poll

Do you carry and or own a knife , please check an option

Yes , of course , what the heck kind of question is that !?
89%
No , I'm a 7 year old girl that snuck into this forum and I'm gonna be in big trouble
11%

Total votes: 36
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I haven't purchased any cool blades lately but I did invest in a wicked edge system and a few extra stones and attachments. I'm a bit of a sharpaholic and not good enough to maintain consistent angles sharpening by hand, especially on large kitchen knives etc
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 pm I haven't purchased any cool blades lately but I did invest in a wicked edge system and a few extra stones and attachments. I'm a bit of a sharpaholic and not good enough to maintain consistent angles sharpening by hand, especially on large kitchen knives etc
Im not very good at sharpening .. never have been . I have a friend who is insane .. hand him a knife and during the time it takes for him to drink 2 beers , he'll hand it back and its brutal sharp . Shave the hair off your arm

I have some pass through sharpeners that I use and a coarse/fine diamond stone for when I'm feeeling like I can actually sharpen . Sometimes I've gotten great result with it and a few time not .. but I'm a " pass through " guy , especially with work folders . The one knife I've always been able to sharpen great is my Western Skinner fixed . Not razor sharp but freakin sharp ... sharp enough to dress out a deer . It doeesnt hold an edge great but will dress out fine without an issue . I always have a sharpener when hunting , just in case

My wife spent some damn money today ... damn , I was gonna piss away a little on a knife or two . I might just buy them anyway but theres about 10 I'm intersted and I have to figure it down to two .. lol , its a bitch
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:42 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 pm I haven't purchased any cool blades lately but I did invest in a wicked edge system and a few extra stones and attachments. I'm a bit of a sharpaholic and not good enough to maintain consistent angles sharpening by hand, especially on large kitchen knives etc
Im not very good at sharpening .. never have been . I have a friend who is insane .. hand him a knife and during the time it takes for him to drink 2 beers , he'll hand it back and its brutal sharp . Shave the hair off your arm

I have some pass through sharpeners that I use and a coarse/fine diamond stone for when I'm feeeling like I can actually sharpen . Sometimes I've gotten great result with it and a few time not .. but I'm a " pass through " guy , especially with work folders . The one knife I've always been able to sharpen great is my Western Skinner fixed . Not razor sharp but freakin sharp ... sharp enough to dress out a deer . It doeesnt hold an edge great but will dress out fine without an issue . I always have a sharpener when hunting , just in case

My wife spent some damn money today ... damn , I was gonna piss away a little on a knife or two . I might just buy them anyway but theres about 10 I'm intersted and I have to figure it down to two .. lol , its a bitch
I'm not good at sharpening at all. I wind up wearing out the stone and the knife. My wife doesn't spend much but she works so I got nothing to say about that...it does suck being poor though. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I sit in a housing unit with 62 medium and maximum inmates with nothing but keys and a radio. Respect takes you a lot farther than a knife or gun ;)
I'm always disappointed by the local pd when I work in booking. They bring a guy in, talking shit to him the whole way, and then they want us to come out to the garage and bring him in for them because they don't want to deal with them in prebook. I doubt many of those guys would be willing to take the gun off their hip and go do what I do for 8 hours. Don't get me wrong, they aren't all bad, but there are enough bad ones that it makes you wonder how they don't screen some of these meatheads out before they get out of academy.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
CoreyR
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:42 pm
I'm not good at sharpening at all. I wind up wearing out the stone and the knife. My wife doesn't spend much but she works so I got nothing to say about that...it does suck being poor though. lol
I suck at knife sharpening but, oddly enough, I can keep a decent edge on axes, tomahawks, mauls, brushaxes and the like. Go figure?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

There are quite a few good sharpening systems out there for a pocket sized knife. They aren't so good for the larger kitchen sized knives though and since I hate a dull knife when I'm cooking I spent the dough on the wicked edge. My kitchen knives are henckels professional s series. So while they aren't the nicest or fanciest in the world they are nice enough to warrant proper angles etc
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
cigarsarge

This little gem stumbled into my possession today. No longer in production CRKT Stubby Razel with bone scales.
BOHICA
Alaskapipe

sisyphus wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:34 pm I sit in a housing unit with 62 medium and maximum inmates with nothing but keys and a radio. Respect takes you a lot farther than a knife or gun ;)
I'm always disappointed by the local pd when I work in booking. They bring a guy in, talking shit to him the whole way, and then they want us to come out to the garage and bring him in for them because they don't want to deal with them in prebook. I doubt many of those guys would be willing to take the gun off their hip and go do what I do for 8 hours. Don't get me wrong, they aren't all bad, but there are enough bad ones that it makes you wonder how they don't screen some of these meatheads out before they get out of academy.
I hear you.

I always respected the guys who could talk anyone into cuffs far more than the guys who had to take people to the ground all the time.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Picked up a cool little knife recently, a Casstrom Swedish Forest knife with curly birch scales. I just wanted it. It will become my ‘Roaming round the woods’ knife.

ImageImage
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I can't remember not carrying a knife of some kind. In younger years, a Buck folding Ranger. Now, I carry around a little Old Timer that my father gave me many years ago. Dear Sweetie, on the other hand, carries a dagger with a 6" blade in her purse.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-