What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

9 Iron
Founding Member

Man, we really gotta get a like button :o
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thank God ...a MM cigar ways thread !! Guys , I didnt have one today but the thought of having one tomorrow is making tomorrow seem like a good day already
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:04 pm I went to visit my brother in OKC and bought some machine mades. I thought I had smoked them all but I found some singles in another cigar box, so now I'm smoking an El Verso, a regional brand from the now defunct National Cigar. I hope they still have some when we go back.
Man, I really like the National brand stuff ! Back in the shop days , I liked the reps that came from there . Actually , I dont think they were reps but more guys from the office ... I think they did an annual road trip of sorts and stopped by retailers they did business with . Tell ya what , I really liked their Black Petes , which I believe is one of the few cigars that had any htl in them ., and not a lot , I think maybe just the binder ... anyway , IF ANYONNE EVER SEEES ANY BLACK PETES ....PLEASE CONTACT ME OR SEND A LINK .... SOMETHING !

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well its a WLC after dinner for me today. I plan on having a Jim Beam vanilla with it. I found some in those little shot size bottles. Maybe thats the bourbon for me. We will see.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

WLC, myself. Wishing I had a little bottle of Jim Beam Vanilla. Fun Fact: Nip bottles are illegal in Louisiana. Whodda thunk it? It's true though. You have to buy a pint of hard liquor, minimum.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yes WK, the band peels off with the cello.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MarineDad
Founding Member

Tampa Sweet Perfecto with a glass of sweet tea.
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 pm Yes WK, the band peels off with the cello.
And that cigar smokes as sweet as a chamber music piece played on a cello, I'll bet

Those 100% American-made, machine made cigars were supposedly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to flavor. They ain't no Swishers. 100% tobacco cigars like these had a rich and cosmopolitan flavor all their own. Forget the cello. When you smoke an old-school machine made American cigar, your mouth will be shouting, "Yebo!"

Yebo! YEBO! Black Pete, El Verso, Muniemaker, Parodi, Finck....Yebo!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 pm Yes WK, the band peels off with the cello.
And that cigar smokes as sweet as a chamber music piece played on a cello, I'll bet

Those 100% American-made, machine made cigars were supposedly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to flavor. They ain't no Swishers. 100% tobacco cigars like these had a rich and cosmopolitan flavor all their own. Forget the cello. When you smoke an old-school machine made American cigar, your mouth will be shouting, "Yebo!"

Yebo! YEBO! Black Pete, El Verso, Muniemaker, Parodi, Finck....Yebo!

What I find most appealing about off the wall videos like that , is imagining that whomever made it may have taken themselves seriously :o

I ought a GV English Corona on the way home today ... id liked to smoke it after dinner
Whalehead King

Sometimes, I'm cleaning up my office and I find cigars under a pile of papers or behind a stack of books and I wonder what I was thinking when I stashed them there. I didn't really stash them. I just dropped them and then I got distracted and the usual detritus of my routine built up around them and they became buried. I am not worried about The End of the World As We Know It, so I am not impelled to stockpile things in the face of some impending armageddon or rapture. If it's armageddon, I doubt any hostile nation will be arming nukes for New Orleans. What? North Korea's best strategy to beat the U.S. is by destroying Dixieland jazz? Kim Jong Un may be crazy, but he's not that deluded. If it's the rapture, well, I've done the best that I've done in this world. The chips will fall where they may. I tried. Purgatory is my best hope.

I just forget where I put things. I'm absent-minded. There is no more or less to it than that. There are cigars tucked away all over my office where I least expect to find them. You'd think I'd know by now but there isn't really any pattern to my habits.

After all of this by way of introduction, I discovered three green Brasil Villigers yesterday and I'm smoking one now. These are really tasty short cigars. Inexpensive Swiss ingenuity. Villiger is the Swatch of the cigar world. Do yourself a favor and buy some. I'm going to be placing an order for some more soon.