Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:19 am Inbound Eldorado's NOS.
ooooooOOOOOOoooooo! Nice! Both of'em!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:19 am Inbound Eldorado's NOS.
ooooooOOOOOOoooooo! Nice! Both of'em!
Thank you, brother! I'm very happy with my little assortment of Grabows 👍
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Picked up this super clean Mariner Oom Paul from Bishop's Pipes. The proprietor was nice enough to throw in a bonus tin of Dunhill 3YM. Outstanding.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:20 am Image
Picked up this super clean Mariner Oom Paul from Bishop's Pipes. The proprietor was nice enough to throw in a bonus tin of Dunhill 3YM. Outstanding.
That's a great lookin' Oom, sir! Hope it smokes like a champ for ya!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ok, I said I wouldn't but I did, I hope nobody here was bidding on it, but I won that Starfire Canadian off the bay.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:59 am Ok, I said I wouldn't but I did, I hope nobody here was bidding on it, but I won that Starfire Canadian off the bay.
Hell yeah!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:11 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 pm I picked up another Eldorado 81 today off the bay, paid out of the gills for it because it was unsmoked and purdy.
At least you won't have to deal with those pesky ghosts, so that's a good thing. "Eldorado, why don't you come to your senses, you've been out riding fences for so long now..."
Thanks, that'll be with me all day now.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:48 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:59 am Ok, I said I wouldn't but I did, I hope nobody here was bidding on it, but I won that Starfire Canadian off the bay.
Hell yeah!
lol... I've never seen a Canadian Grabow until this one, I figured it was worth it to have. It looks to be in fine shape too.
The Troll Whisperer
simplepipes
Codger in Training

BR: I just found a Grabow Collectors Forum that I did not know existed.

It is going to be interesting to learn more about vintage Grabows. The first bit of knowledge for me being the Westbrook was a coupon pipe which I did not realize.

I posted a picture from the site of this Westbrook Canadian.

Beautiful . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

simplepipes wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:43 pm Image

BR: I just found a Grabow Collectors Forum that I did not know existed.

It is going to be interesting to learn more about vintage Grabows. The first bit of knowledge for me being the Westbrook was a coupon pipe which I did not realize.

I posted a picture from the site of this Westbrook Canadian.

Beautiful . . .

-sp
That's Sean's pipe! Or was, hope he's doing alright. You'll find loads of information, be prepared. Tom started on the ground in the 60s and eventually ran Mastercraft and Grabow at different points, both under the same roof, his knowledge was more than vast and the details he could recall were astonishing. Really great insights. We lost a giant with him. Say hi to Joe for me.