What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

9 Iron
Founding Member

Yeah keto works, but it sucks. I just need to force myself to stay more active and I won’t have these every two or three year 25 pound weight swings. I’m 55 years old and will be hunting the high sierras at about 7000 feet elevation, not a great idea when you’re 25 lbs overweight and haven’t moved a lot on a couple of years. Besides, I feel a lot better about smoking pipes and cigars when I’m more fit, doesn’t make me feel like this may not be such a great idea. Staying fit and active sorta takes the devil out of a lot of things that can pester you when you’re older.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whistlebritches wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm
Been doing Keto/Atkins for a couple months.......down 35 lbs.Now for maybe 20-25 more.One of my old Shipmates who lives in NC has been doing Keto for about 16 months,started at 282 now at 181.A hundred plus friggen LB's!!!

Good luck 9
At the risk of hijacking the cigar thread, I have been doing the keto thing since October of 2016. It does not seem to have done anything to my sense of taste. I had my annual physical earlier this week. All my numbers look good. On the doctor's scales and all, I was 1 pound away from goal weight, and the doctor said it was time to start maintaining the current weight.

I will say it is nice to have bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning and have good cholesterol numbers. I went off my statin last year, so they are looking good without meds.

As a guy who has some experience with keto, you should track sodium and keep levels up or you can feel washed out w/ no energy. This is the dreaded "keto flu."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

I found an unopened box of White Lightning Crooks under a stack of newspapers in my office. Oh, happy day!
Whistlebritches

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 am
Whistlebritches wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm
Been doing Keto/Atkins for a couple months.......down 35 lbs.Now for maybe 20-25 more.One of my old Shipmates who lives in NC has been doing Keto for about 16 months,started at 282 now at 181.A hundred plus friggen LB's!!!

Good luck 9
At the risk of hijacking the cigar thread, I have been doing the keto thing since October of 2016. It does not seem to have done anything to my sense of taste. I had my annual physical earlier this week. All my numbers look good. On the doctor's scales and all, I was 1 pound away from goal weight, and the doctor said it was time to start maintaining the current weight.

I will say it is nice to have bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning and have good cholesterol numbers. I went off my statin last year, so they are looking good without meds.

As a guy who has some experience with keto, you should track sodium and keep levels up or you can feel washed out w/ no energy. This is the dreaded "keto flu."
I'm going to start a thread in the "Off Topic" section.........please check in.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I've found that bourbon , along with a combination of hot tubbing it and sex .. is a a combo activity that will allow you to by pass all the weight loss stuff ... for 2 rasons . I. Youll lose weight drinking , hottubbing and getting it on like 2 rats boinking in wool socks . 2. Even if you dont lose weight , you wont care bcause your boinking like rats in wool socks , hotubbing and partying

I think it was a DM Palma Swet Cigarillo .. it was prettty good !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Got a great package from KK today.
I'm gonna start with a Magellan and have Travis Club after dinner.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 pm Got a great package from KK today.
Enjoy them, my friend!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Pip,

Why don't you have an avatar? You blend into the woodwork without one. I miss seeing a photo of my favorite Solid Citizen when you post. Want me to send you one of my spares? We're almost twins....

it is always good to see you here. Enjoy that Travis Club after dinner, brother.
Cheers!
-WK
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm
Pip,

Why don't you have an avatar? You blend into the woodwork without one. I miss seeing a photo of my favorite Solid Citizen when you post. Want me to send you one of my spares? We're almost twins....

it is always good to see you here. Enjoy that Travis Club after dinner, brother.
Cheers!
-WK
[mention]mrpipster[/mention] , this one is the right size. Just save it to your computer and go to your profile and edit your avatar. Easy! I hope!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Today was a pressure washing day . It was nice to get out of the cabinet shop . I had me some lovely DM Palma Cigarillos :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.