Rattrays Exotic Orange

CoreyR
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:23 pm For anyone that thinks Exotic orange is over the top but dig that type Danish flavoring , as opposed to a sutliff cavendishe flavoring , and wish it werent so bright and flavored .. ya gotta try the Villiger line ! Theyr Danish type flavored blends toned down and they are just wonderful and super under rated , imho

Th only one I havent had yet in the English ..
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Villiger/
I'll have to give these a shot...IF I like the Rattrays orange! LOL
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:07 pm Exotic Orange gives me anxiety, It's very overwhelming.
It does not really sound like my cup of coffee. Eventually I will try it though, and you never know.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:07 pm Exotic Orange gives me anxiety, It's very overwhelming.
It does not really sound like my cup of coffee. Eventually I will try it though, and you never know.
Tommy sent me some, I liked it. I bet you would think it's smokable but not something you'd go hunting for.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:45 am
Tommy sent me some, I liked it. I bet you would think it's smokable but not something you'd go hunting for.
This is my prediction as well.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 am
I liked it first but the lingering aroma of Orange in my pipe storage area kinda put me off it. I file this one in the goopy category.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:51 pm based on comments I've seen at the prior PSF, will probably stay from it
HU Bahia Orange is rumored to be good if you like orange. Problem is, it's only available overseas and is a bit spendy.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:26 am
avid wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:51 pm based on comments I've seen at the prior PSF, will probably stay from it
HU Bahia Orange is rumored to be good if you like orange. Problem is, it's only available overseas and is a bit spendy.
no thanks

one thing i need to do is trade off some of what i got and expand my horizons...when i get around to messing around with this stuff
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

The spendy bit moves it down on my list. To date, OGS represents the orange extreme in toppings.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 am
The spendy bit moves it down on my list. To date, OGS represents the orange extreme in toppings.
Orlik Golden Slice? I haven't smoked that stuff in years. I gave up on it because it's very flat to my taste buds. Maybe I'll give it another go to see if my palette has changed.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 am
Orlik Golden Slice? I haven't smoked that stuff in years. I gave up on it because it's very flat to my taste buds. Maybe I'll give it another go to see if my palette has changed.
I should have said the extreme from my experience. It is pretty mild, but a tasty Virginia w/ citrus topping to my taste buds.

Old Ted Award - 2017