New to me / you tins / blends youre interested in

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Original Edgeworth .......... Oi, don't remind me . The slices were off the chart and the regular ..... was regular , but perfectly so . Heck , I'd take the old Amphora brown back any day too

I could reccomend so many outstanding blends , many of which are impossible to find for some time and others more recently impossible... It's a joke ...

Which brings up a thought ... the three luxury blends fro Peter STOKKEBYE ... greatest deal in the pipe tobacco world
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, yeah, I want to try that.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Preacher1611 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 am Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, yeah, I want to try that.
Luxury navy Flake is even better!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Prices on the stokkebye luxury offerings seems to have gone up this past year. I know P&C has them as their tobacco of the month for August with 15% off
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 am
I like the LNF more too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 am
Preacher1611 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 am Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, yeah, I want to try that.
My first taste of LNF was from a buddy of mine who didn't like it and it was aged a few years. Didn't try the fresh stuff til later and the difference was huge.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

For me , the LTF is the best of the three but they are all exceptional , in stock mostly .. and when they go out of stock they do come back pretty quick . The reason the LTF is a bit more exceptional is that it is unique . The other two arent . But try to find a Va Flake with a mild flavoring that is similar to the LTF .. I cant think of one . The flavor is that of a Danish Cookie and softly done ... very exceptional

I havent tried many Astleys blends . Ive had the Royal Tudor and it was good .. maybe tthe others are too . Their #88 Matured Dark virginia sounds interesting but when you read the description , its so vague , and with the the foremost mention of black cavendish ... I wonder what is the base of the blend
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... uct_id/258
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 pm For me , the LTF is the best of the three but they are all exceptional , in stock mostly .. and when they go out of stock they do come back pretty quick . The reason the LTF is a bit more exceptional is that it is unique . The other two arent . But try to find a Va Flake with a mild flavoring that is similar to the LTF .. I cant think of one . The flavor is that of a Danish Cookie and softly done ... very exceptional

I havent tried many Astleys blends . Ive had the Royal Tudor and it was good .. maybe tthe others are too . Their #88 Matured Dark virginia sounds interesting but when you read the description , its so vague , and with the the foremost mention of black cavendish ... I wonder what is the base of the blend
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... uct_id/258
Agreed. I like all 3 of the luxury flakes but twist is the bees knees
cigarsarge

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm Ruff, the chacom blends are manufactured by C&D

I consider myself lucky that I've been able to get my paws on a lot of tobaccos that are pretty unobtainium but some of the ones I haven't snagged yet are:

Fribourg & Treyer cut Virginia plug & Vintage Flake

Wessex dark flake & red VA flake

Watch city flake 558 & Old Dominion

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
I have three tins of Cut Virginia Plug...
BOHICA
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

cigarsarge wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:59 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm Ruff, the chacom blends are manufactured by C&D

I consider myself lucky that I've been able to get my paws on a lot of tobaccos that are pretty unobtainium but some of the ones I haven't snagged yet are:

Fribourg & Treyer cut Virginia plug & Vintage Flake

Wessex dark flake & red VA flake

Watch city flake 558 & Old Dominion

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
I have three tins of Cut Virginia Plug...
I actually have some coming (I think) with the latest release of F&T tobaccos over the past couple of days