Rattrays Exotic Orange

avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:26 am
HU Bahia Orange is rumored to be good if you like orange. Problem is, it's only available overseas and is a bit spendy.
The spendy bit moves it down on my list. To date, OGS represents the orange extreme in toppings.
Orlik Golden Slice? I haven't smoked that stuff in years. I gave up on it because it's very flat to my taste buds. Maybe I'll give it another go to see if my palette has changed.
I got an unopened tin of it, don’t think I’d like it.
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 am

The spendy bit moves it down on my list. To date, OGS represents the orange extreme in toppings.
Orlik Golden Slice? I haven't smoked that stuff in years. I gave up on it because it's very flat to my taste buds. Maybe I'll give it another go to see if my palette has changed.
I got an unopened tin of it, don’t think I’d like it.
Pop it open and find out. It's not bad, at the time I tried it I was smoking nothing but Dunhill Flake. Completely different.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:31 am
I should have said the extreme from my experience. It is pretty mild, but a tasty Virginia w/ citrus topping to my taste buds.
I barely noticed any hints of citrus, specifically orange. I also wasn't really trying to pin point flavors, the lack of strength contributed to me not liking it.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

i have several other VaPer tins i'm hesitant to open
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

Anything from Rattray's has always been good in my book. I'm gonna look for this. I don't eat a lot of oranges, but I'll smoke something flavored with orange. You betcha. My favorite Tootsie Pop flavor is orange. My second favorite is grape, in case you were wondering.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm Anything from Rattray's has always been good in my book. I'm gonna look for this. I don't eat a lot of oranges, but I'll smoke something flavored with orange. You betcha. My favorite Tootsie Pop flavor is orange. My second favorite is grape, in case you were wondering.
My favorite Tootsie Pop is orange too. Then cherry, chocolate, grape.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm Anything from Rattray's has always been good in my book. I'm gonna look for this. I don't eat a lot of oranges, but I'll smoke something flavored with orange. You betcha. My favorite Tootsie Pop flavor is orange. My second favorite is grape, in case you were wondering.
My favorite Tootsie Pop is orange too. Then cherry, chocolate, grape.
I, personally, don't like the taste of chocolate, so the brown Tootsies are my least favorite. I will only buy the red Tootsie Pops if there is nothing else in the box. Now, if Rattray's made a chocolate blend, I'd try it. Chocolate Accountant's Mixture sounds like something I could smoke several ounces of, back to back, one bowl after another. A chocolate accountant----he must work for Hershey.

The grocery store I go to, where I buy my Tootsie Pops, recently got a box with lemon Tootsies in the mix. I'm really digging those lemon Tootsie Pops. More than orange, even. Before they had lemon, they had watermelon. Man, I loved those watermelon Tootsie Pops. I don't think I'd like a watermelon tobacco blend, though.

I only buy two Tootsie pops a day, when I buy them, and I never buy two of the same flavor----I don't want to hoard the market of my favorites. Lemon pipe tobacco? Hmmmmmmmmm..... 8-)

Well, I've been smoking pineapple flavored machine made cigars and I like them. I bet I'll like Exotic Orange Rattray's. I'm in. I don't buy a lot of pipe tobacco nowadays. I'm trying to whittle down my cellar. This thread, though, has got me daydreaming about the delights an orange topping may lend to my palette when paired with a fine blend of tobaccos blended the way they do it in Perth, Scotland. Color me orange for the time being. I'm in like Flynn.

Have we gotten a review of the Exotic Orange blend in this thread yet are we still in the Page 3 mucking around stage where we build anticipation for the big payoff when Corey issues his report? Where's that popcorn emoji when I need it? I guess I'll have to settle for this one since I've dragged everyone along this far into this post: :sleep:
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Yo, WK. Well, I've smoked it and recently too. The problem is I'm a terrible tobacco reviewer. It's a Cavendish/Burley/Virginia tobacco and I liked it, I'll admit to that. It did smell and taste like oranges. The pipe I smoked it in doesn't smell like oranges though, so I'll say it doesn't ghost. It's expensive, so I won't be buying any, ever. (If I had WK's deep pockets it would be my all day, every day) J/k, WK. lol :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

You all need some captain Bob's blend in your life. Has grape-y notes
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
cigarsarge

If anyone has any Exotic Orange-Passion for trade I'm your huckleberry.
BOHICA