Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:10 am I hesitate to do this, but I have had mixed results with Norwood.

My personal theory is that the father is very good, and the son just slaps on a cast stem and buffs off the casting marks. I am picky with buttons. They don't have to be the same or anything, but the unfinished ones never sit correctly in my teeth. I can explain all this and say I am willing to pay extra for the time to finish the button. The father does it. The son charges me for it and doesn't touch the button.

Just my experience... I WILL say they are always quick on the turnaround. This is consistently good.
I always call Floyd and request that he does the work. I've heard the same about his son.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:10 am I hesitate to do this, but I have had mixed results with Norwood.

My personal theory is that the father is very good, and the son just slaps on a cast stem and buffs off the casting marks. I am picky with buttons. They don't have to be the same or anything, but the unfinished ones never sit correctly in my teeth. I can explain all this and say I am willing to pay extra for the time to finish the button. The father does it. The son charges me for it and doesn't touch the button.

Just my experience... I WILL say they are always quick on the turnaround. This is consistently good.
An honest review from an honest man.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Thanks, gents, for the info and feedback. All good to know! Much appreciated!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Own several Boswell estates, but decided to buy a new one to commemorate 2020. 👊🏻
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:03 pm Own several Boswell estates, but decided to buy a new one to commemorate 2020. 👊🏻
I like those deep grooves.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:01 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:03 pm Own several Boswell estates, but decided to buy a new one to commemorate 2020. 👊🏻
I like those deep grooves.
It is an unusual design for J.M. Boswell. He has been making pipes for 40+ years and pushes out new ones on his website every Monday at 8:00 P.M. EST. They go very, very fast. ✔
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Very nice!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Took advantage of 15percent off coupon deal at
tobaccopipes,com
Purchased enough Missouri meerschaum pipes to get the free shipping deal

Sending these pipes back to Missouri !
2 diplomats
2 spools
2 country gents
1 Marcus
And few prides because they smoke good too!

And 1 pouch of tobacco to get in on the free shipping
😀
vwdeano

Coupla finds from some treasure hunting yesterday. Comoy's sandblast and a dandy custombilt. Should clean up a treat.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Middle Earth

rekamepip wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:38 pm Took advantage of 15percent off coupon deal at
tobaccopipes,com
Purchased enough Missouri meerschaum pipes to get the free shipping deal

Sending these pipes back to Missouri !
2 diplomats
2 spools
2 country gents
1 Marcus
And few prides because they smoke good too!

And 1 pouch of tobacco to get in on the free shipping
😀

To put it in prison terms
The Missouri Car is deep