Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Islayphile wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:52 am F&T Shipmate Hurricane 69, apparently made for Abercrombie & Fitch.
That’s a neat pipa!
Thank you, sir! It'll look pretty on a pipe rack.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Town & Country pot, supposed to be from the 50's, in incredible shape.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 am Town & Country pot, supposed to be from the 50's, in incredible shape.
Your last photo didn't feature the 'greenlight' package. Now Diamond Matches are sourced from responsibly managed forests. When did this start?

FSC stands for Forestry Service Council. https://us.fsc.org/en-us/what-we-do/mission-and-vision

I don't buy a lot of matches to begin with so I'm not going to boycott Diamond over this. I'm just curious when they made the switch and I'm not interested enough to look it up, myself, so I thought I'd ask you when you noticed the switch to sustainability.

When I buy wooden matches, I go to the supermarket not to the tobacco B&M to overpay for artisanal matches, so Diamond would be my default brand. Either Diamond or the store brand and those are probably made by Diamond, too. Win-win for them and win-win for me. I should have started a match thread but I don't feel like retyping it all. Thanks!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 am Town & Country pot, supposed to be from the 50's, in incredible shape.
Your last photo didn't feature the 'greenlight' package. Now Diamond Matches are sourced from responsibly managed forests. When did this start?

FSC stands for Forestry Service Council. https://us.fsc.org/en-us/what-we-do/mission-and-vision

I don't buy a lot of matches to begin with so I'm not going to boycott Diamond over this. I'm just curious when they made the switch and I'm not interested enough to look it up, myself, so I thought I'd ask you when you noticed the switch to sustainability.

When I buy wooden matches, I go to the supermarket not to the tobacco B&M to overpay for artisanal matches, so Diamond would be my default brand. Either Diamond or the store brand and those are probably made by Diamond, too. Win-win for them and win-win for me. I should have started a match thread but I don't feel like retyping it all. Thanks!
Wow! Truth be told, I never even noticed! Dear Sweetie picked'em up at the supermarket, and I just slid'em open and there they were; plain ol' matches. The new pipe got it's pic taken with the new box o' matches just because it was there and it was the one I was using.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Another 'bay purchase; this no-name Italian 1/4 bent pot.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Fresh in from Missouri!
Tennessee Dave

New Pete in today. It's the Lestrade in the PSB blast. Interestingly enough it is the first blasted Pete I have as the other dozen or so that I have are all smooth. So I have no idea if the blast on this pipe is better than the normal Pete blast or not. In any event I like the pipe very much and it's the first pipeI have bought since 2010.

Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Tennessee Dave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:35 pm New Pete in today. It's the Lestrade in the PSB blast. Interestingly enough it is the first blasted Pete I have as the other dozen or so that I have are all smooth. So I have no idea if the blast on this pipe is better than the normal Pete blast or not. In any event I like the pipe very much and it's the first pipeI have bought since 2010.

Great looking Pete!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Tennessee Dave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:35 pm New Pete in today. It's the Lestrade in the PSB blast. Interestingly enough it is the first blasted Pete I have as the other dozen or so that I have are all smooth. So I have no idea if the blast on this pipe is better than the normal Pete blast or not. In any event I like the pipe very much and it's the first pipeI have bought since 2010.

Thatsa purdy!
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tennessee Dave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:35 pm In any event I like the pipe very much and it's the first pipe I have bought since 2010.
It was worth the wait.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.