Tobacco Alerts

Jlando19

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:59 pm Smokers Pride black cavendish , and most every other aromatic , is cheap in 12 oz bags available at most etailers ... get it before flavored tobacco is outlawed by tobacco Nazis ... :lol: .... Tobacco nazis = :barf:
Is the outlawing of flavored tobacco still a concern, I'm not up to date on the topic?
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:18 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:59 pm Smokers Pride black cavendish , and most every other aromatic , is cheap in 12 oz bags available at most etailers ... get it before flavored tobacco is outlawed by tobacco Nazis ... :lol: .... Tobacco nazis = :barf:
Is the outlawing of flavored tobacco still a concern, I'm not up to date on the topic?
probably but i dont think theyre going after pipe tobacco . i think well be ok
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 pm
I think the legislation, at least as I read it, is mostly targeted at E-Cigarette liquid producers. Hopefully everything else doesn't get caught in the crossfire.
Not a lot of youngsters nowadays loading up a bowl of Paladin under the bleachers.. Trading sample bags of 1Q between lockers.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Houtenziel wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 pm

I think the legislation, at least as I read it, is mostly targeted at E-Cigarette liquid producers. Hopefully everything else doesn't get caught in the crossfire.
Not a lot of youngsters nowadays loading up a bowl of Paladin under the bleachers.. Trading sample bags of 1Q between lockers.
Those kids cut their teeth on the gateway tobacco 1Q and have moved on to harder stuff like Dark Plug, those old guys with burn marks on all of their clothes just made it look so damn appealing and kids can't get enough of the oil soaked creosote taste.
Middle Earth

The Deeming Date has never been enforced for pipe-tobacco
It made/makes some panic
I remember talking to Carole at Wilke and I believe that is the primary reason she sold Wilke

But we keep getting new blends unabated
Pretty good state of affairs currently

I believe that someday it will be enforced on a Federal level and agree that e-cigs are the current focus

On a State-level, I predict some more isolated stupidity

Getting some euro-blends has been an on-going issue
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 am I believe that someday it will be enforced on a Federal level and agree that e-cigs are the current focus
I guarantee that if the dems ever get back in power tobacco and vaping are both in big trouble. Not to mention guns. Buy it all now so you don't cry later.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 am
Middle Earth wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 am I believe that someday it will be enforced on a Federal level and agree that e-cigs are the current focus
I guarantee that if the dems ever get back in power tobacco and vaping are both in big trouble. Not to mention guns. But it all now so you don't cry later.
Not to get political, but I have always failed to see how a group of people could embrace such convenience moralism. Tobacco and Guns are evil things only those subversive traditionalists use! But apparently Booze and Weed is totally cool, go for it guys. Alcohol has probably killed more people, directly and indirectly, than tobacco and civilian owned guns combined.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

sisyphus wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 am
I guarantee that if the dems ever get back in power tobacco and vaping are both in big trouble. Not to mention guns. Buy it all now so you don't cry later.
I have opinions on this but not here
Let’s just say
I agree with you and then some and then some on top of that
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yeah I tried to be careful what I said, we don't need the political discussion here, but facts is facts
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Middle Earth

Carolina Red Flake
Do yourself a favor
My opinion is that it is most execellent