What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:45 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 pm Here's what came in my mail today:

Interior view:

I haven't tried these since the original factory closed. I was hoping for a pigtail. For the first one that I have opened, and am smoking now, there was no pigtail and no shoe peg hole. Minus two points.

I clipped the first cigar to get a draw but these MW Lanceros are rolled tiny enough on their pointy head that they resemble the original cigars' ends and, because the end is so pointy, these can be bit in authentic "Conestoga Style" instead of using some fancy cigar cutter. I used a cutter. It only occurred to me afterward that these ends are meant to be bitten off and spit out like in an old movie.

As I smoke my clipped MW, one tag of loose wrapper keeps dangling off the end. I don't bother to clip it. It's no bother at all. Maybe these new Marsh Wheelings really are pigtail cigars after all. I'll have to see how the others perform.

How's the flavor? As good as the original? This is pure Marsh Wheeling. Plus ten points.

These cigars are firmly rolled but their bodies have some bounce and give to them. There is nothing cheaply made about them. They are 100% natural leaf. No HTL, not that there is anything wrong with HTL. The flavor is old-school stogie, what you should expect from a Marsh Wheeling. No disappointment. The Lanceros are 7" x 34g. Now made in the Dominican Republic, of all places.

I hadn't yet sampled one of these cigars when the mail lady delivered the box, but I thanked her anyway because I suspected these would be good. I was looking forward to it. They're good cigars. I'm going to thank her again the next time I see her. I'm always thanking her. Who doesn't like to get mail?
Well, those do look tasty, CB! Did they come from Famous? Who's making them nowadays?
Breaker One-Nine.

FX Smith is retailing Marsh Wheelings after contracting the making of them in the DR on the down low. These are nice cigars.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Interior view:

I haven't tried these since the original factory closed. I was hoping for a pigtail. For the first one that I have opened, and am smoking now, there was no pigtail and no shoe peg hole. Minus two points.

I clipped the first cigar to get a draw but these MW Lanceros are rolled tiny enough on their pointy head that they resemble the original cigars' ends and, because the end is so pointy, these can be bit in authentic "Conestoga Style" instead of using some fancy cigar cutter. I used a cutter. It only occurred to me afterward that these ends are meant to be bitten off and spit out like in an old movie.

As I smoke my clipped MW, one tag of loose wrapper keeps dangling off the end. I don't bother to clip it. It's no bother at all. Maybe these new Marsh Wheelings really are pigtail cigars after all. I'll have to see how the others perform.

How's the flavor? As good as the original? This is pure Marsh Wheeling. Plus ten points.

These cigars are firmly rolled but their bodies have some bounce and give to them. There is nothing cheaply made about them. They are 100% natural leaf. No HTL, not that there is anything wrong with HTL. The flavor is old-school stogie, what you should expect from a Marsh Wheeling. No disappointment. The Lanceros are 7" x 34g. Now made in the Dominican Republic, of all places.

I hadn't yet sampled one of these cigars when the mail lady delivered the box, but I thanked her anyway because I suspected these would be good. I was looking forward to it. They're good cigars. I'm going to thank her again the next time I see her. I'm always thanking her. Who doesn't like to get mail?

Yummy !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My white owl demi tip turned into a judges cave at my shop while spraying some 16 foot beams

I dig judges cave cigars
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Interior view:

John Wayne preferred MW Cigars for his movies . . . They look excellent.

I have not smoked cigars for 15 plus years but very much appreciated the machine made all tobacco lines from Craig Smith (FX Smith & Sons).

Enjoy . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I've been biting the tips off these Marsh Wheeling cigars every day and I'm about halfway through the box. I'm gong to order another two boxes.

For now, MW is going to be my go-to machine made cigar for everyday smoking. I love Finck Cigars but these Marsh Wheeling Lanceros are good and sturdy cigars. I like them a lot.

I bite off the tip and spit it out like like Clint Eastwood, then I light the cigar and and it's all pure good cigar flavor after that. I liked the old Marsh Wheelings and I'm liking this new iteration. Good cigars. Thank you, Sotweed Factor, for rejuvenating this brand of fine cigars that are hard to find elsewhere on the market. https://www.fxsmithssons.com/index.php? ... &cPath=105

Tasty, affordable, and well worth the price. Nice box, too, not that I need any more empty cigar boxes. Everything about these Marsh Wheelings is true to the original. These are good, old school machine made cigars. All tobacco leaf, binder and wrapper, the way it should be. If you haven't tried them yet, you're missing something good. They are better than most handmade brands because they are consistent and true to what they promise: a good everyday cigar that delivers a lot of reliable pleasure and flavor. Check them out if you are interested. You won't be disappointed.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:46 pm I had a couple of rum Principe Palmas today, mighty fine, mighty fine. Following up on Jair Bolsonaro (I follow him on the Twitter and Facebook lol), he posted a song by a young fan. The girl and her friend wrote it about his candidacy and YouTubed it. They were shocked when he actually saw it and posted it for the nation to see! The kid can sing! :thumbs:

Just to follow up, Bolsonaro won. Better Nate than lever! 😂

Now smoking a Swisher Sweet Perfecto
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Principe Palma. This smoke is approved by Muriel.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:58 pm Principe Palma. This smoke is approved by Muriel.

I claim the ashtray is Muriel-approved as well.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm smoking the second Swisher Sweet Perfecto out of a five pack.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

F.X Smith 88 Smokers. Don't ask me why it's called that.

I gave one to a friend last night. "This is an incredibly good cigar," he said.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.