Joined the John Browning club again today.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Got me a second new 1911 today. Now I have to decide if I should buy more leather for the hip, or if I should get an appendix rig since that is my usual carry method.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

here's my experience. My full size 1911 carries like a cinder block. My officer frame/commander slide carries like a dream. Both in a pancake.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

ps
bigger holes bleed more, good work
sisyphus
Person of Interest

and if you want to feel better about toting a 45 and have 9mm capacity on you, I use one of these to carry a spare and you can't even feel it
https://www.foxxholsters.com/collection ... 1215423513
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:00 pm here's my experience. My full size 1911 carries like a cinder block. My officer frame/commander slide carries like a dream. Both in a pancake.
Have had an old government property marked Colt that was handed down to me as soon as I was 21 that I have had in a Galco Speed Paddle for just as long. Bought this one to carry instead, as I want to keep the Colt in good shape to pass down to one of my sons. There are times where I want to be out and about in just a plain t-shirt, and I find the paddle is pretty obvious which is why I am thinking appendix. I can hide it totally appendix, but something about having a 230gr JHP pointed at the family jewels.. cocked and locked if you will.. gives me some pause. I was thinking I might just have to carry condition 2 in half cock, and train with that change in philosophy.

I have always preferred .45, or even .40sw, but when 9mm was cheap and ubiquitous it got me sidetracked. Just got passed down a full reloading setup with .45 dies, so it seemed like the time to go back to what I know.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt