Knives

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I love knives . Always have and always carry one . I like them all , though I don't have any out the front style . I got a greast knife the other day , a Schrade magic dual action ( scha10b ) . . It's as close as I'd get to a " tactical " knife , I guess . I'm a bit more old school usdually , but its really neast.

It's on sale for 18 bucks at etailers , though I shop at knife center .

I usually don't go for aluminum handles but this one is sick , man ! For my hand , it grips like superman . I dont use it for work , i got a Kershaw Barge , which is super exceptional for a work knife , and a SAK for work hours . Heck , after work I like a to carry a sharp finger type fixed blade mostly . So , I guess I won't carry this knife super often but I had to have it . Not too long ago , I impulse bought a Kershaw Oso Sweet , which is the epitome of an edc knife . But being this schrade is on sale for a bit cheaper tha n an pro sweet and being its a tank of a knife .... damn .

It has the the dual action option of assisted or not , with tip up carry ( a first for me ) and Aus8 steel , which is decent steel

My only noit pick is that the liner seems thin for such a bulk knife but it does tyhe job as far as I can tell in the sdhort time I've messed with it .

Anyway I like it ... lol

Knives , the most useful tool and they are beautiful like pipes are
Here's a link to it on sale .... https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SCHA10 ... um-handles
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Sir Saartan

In Germany and most other European countries, carrying a knife isn’t a good idea.

It’s been outlawed for decades to carry anything that is useful for any task at all. The police used to not care much, but ever since the so called „refugees crisis“ the number of people getting attacked with knives has increased a lot. Now you can get in serious trouble for leaving your home with any kind of knife and lots of other things that could be used as a weapon.
elementary, my dear Watson
Sir Saartan

I think a really solid churchwarden might be considered a weapon by police as well.
elementary, my dear Watson
Ronv69
Founding Member

Knives have been restricted in Texas since the unCivil War. Recently they removed all of the restrictions except for certain locations, and knives with blades less than 5.5 inches are allowed in those. I need to find a good sword belt and frog.
God and Texas!
leacha
Founding Member

I have a little clip on Gerber I carried for years and after a run in with a hippie last year I switched to this.
Andrew Image
9 Iron
Founding Member

I carry a Kershaw Blur for cuttin stuff open at work (partially serrated blade) but for protection I carry a 9mm. If there's anyplace you can't carry a handgun with a concealed carry permit you can bet you can't carry a knife there either. If you're intent is to be armed, may as well be armed.

This statement isn't intended to start up a political discussion, just trying to convey my opinion on the usefulness of a knife. I love em for hunting and fishing and general messing about, I just don't really see them as practical self defense items. You're more likely to defend yourself well and not get in trouble for having it if you carry a good solid walkin stick or cane.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

leacha wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am I have a little clip on Gerber I carried for years and after a run in with a hippie last year I switched to this.

"""" A run in with a hippie " .... lol !! My mind finished the sentence before I read it and it wasnt ...hippie :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

My daily knife is an Opinel, a French pocket knife. I bought it at a wine store in town. I originally bought a slimmer stainless steel Opinel and I liked it but it never got sharp enough for my tastes so I wanted a blade with more carbon, so I went back to the wine shop to see if they had a carbon Opinel. They did.

When I told the proprietor what I wanted, he felt the need to inform me that the knife I wanted would get rusty if I didn't take care of it and it would stain, unlike a stainless steel knife.

Me: "Who ever complained about a stain on a knife if it holds an edge?'

Him: "Wanna buy some good wine as long as you're here?"

I'm not a big wine drinker but I do buy a bottle of fancy top shelf creme de menthe there every two months or so now. I only need one good knife, so I can't buy a new knife every two months.
Whalehead King

The Opinel. I lost the notebook since when this photo was taken. I've also eaten all the Necco Wafers. At least I still have a sharp knife in my pocket.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I lost my favorite . It was a small Buck folding knife. I really liked that knife. It kept an edge so good. I have thought about replacing it but, it just wouldn't be the same. There is a flea market near me every Sunday that I am going to Sunday so maybe I find a new knife there. On a side note I recently found a Boy Scout pocket knife that belonged to and was very well used by my older brother and possibly by my father. Its was a cool find for me at least.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche