Ask me anything

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:28 pm Dear Ruffinogold,

My son wants a new video game, but I was thinking of getting myself a new Grabow and some match Middleton Cherry. Would it be selfish for me to treat myself instead of him?

-Wits End, VA

P.S. My boy is 33yo
Video games ..... It's poison . Treat yourself and have the boy take the trash out
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Saw this at the grocery store. Have you ever had this? Did they name it after you?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 pm Saw this at the grocery store. Have you ever had this? Did they name it after you?
Well, they certainly didn't name this after him:

;)

I've read the archives, the Mayor seems to be a swell guy without a swell head. It's always nice to read his posts, unless he's swooning about redheads, which, it seems, he'll do at the drop of a hat.

I do have a question, though. What color is a white horse that has run through the mud?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

It depends on the mud.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Dear Ruffinogold,

Did "Codgers of Old" have some kind of pipe occlusion competition going on or what?

-Reaming in NoVA
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:34 pm Dear Ruffinogold,

Did "Codgers of Old" have some kind of pipe occlusion competition going on or what?

-Reaming in NoVA
My father did not. He reamed with a pocket knife and kept cake trimmed back pretty thin. I remember a priest who would use a key to break to get between the bowl and the cake to to break it off in chunks.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Jlando19

-Reaming in NoVA
I think that's the pipe smokers equivalent of a one hitter. Or maybe for when you want a quick 5 minute smoke. Haha.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:19 am

-Reaming in NoVA
I think that's the pipe smokers equivalent of a one hitter. Or maybe for when you want a quick 5 minute smoke. Haha.
I don't think I'd be able to resist smoking that at least once in its current state(after cleaning out the shank), just to experience that much "history" in a smoke.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Jlando19

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am

-Reaming in NoVA
I don't think I'd be able to resist smoking that at least once in its current state(after cleaning out the shank), just to experience that much "history" in a smoke.
I keep coming back to look at it in amazement. I wonder how long that took!?
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am
I keep coming back to look at it in amazement. I wonder how long that took!?
If it was someone like [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention] who owned it, I'd say about a month or so. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-