I don't like a wedgie

Whalehead King

We're discussing pipe cutters here. I prefer the punch cutter. Simple. Punch a hole.

The guillotine cutter is my second recourse. I don't like it for a fat cigar. When I just punch a clean hole, why do want a guillotine? It's a little more hassle and maneuvering to get the draw end just right.

I'm not against the wedge cutter, but it's my least favorite. Guaranteed, I'll put the cigar in the wrong way. Even after so much practice, I have to try to cut the cigar twice. I got a complimentary wedge cutter from CI about two weeks ago. I like the draw but I don't like the aesthetics.

I'm no Freudian, and I don't have sex on the brain, but I don't like to look at my cigar when I'm about to put it in my kisser to be reminded of something else, if you know what I mean. YMMV. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I prefer a punch, which leads to annoying conversations at the B&M: "Do you have a cigar punch?"

"Do you mean a Punch cigar?"

"No, I mean a punch to make a hole in a cigar."

"Yes. We keep them under the counter."
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Um. Looks like WK has been hitting the sauce tonight.
Dont you mean cigar cutters?
I also prefer the punch cutter but am not a fan of Punch cigars. At least not the couple I have tried.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

I do mean cigar cutters.

I've been thinking about this post all day, Pip. I have too much time on my hands. It's the slow season in New Orleans. Nobody's in the hotel today so my mind wanders to places it probably shouldn't go as I go about my errands. Story of my life. Story of most people's lives, probably. YMMV.

There's two votes against the wedge cutter and in favor to the punch. I'll take a nice cigar punch over a nice Hawaiian Punch.

Last edited by Whalehead King on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:04 pm I do mean cigar cutters.

I've been thinking about this post all day, Pip. I have too much time on my hands. It's the slow season in New Orleans. Nobody's in the hotel today so my mind wanders to places it probably shouldn't go as I go about my errands. Story of my life. Story of most people's lives, probably. YMMV.
Yep. Just messin with ya!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whalehead King

mrpipster wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:04 pm I do mean cigar cutters.

Yep. Just messin with ya!
:buddy: Cheers, Pip!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I like the simple hand-held guillotine.

Hole punchers are nice but cutting can sometimes be a hassle.

Wedge gutters just piss me off. Who wants an asymmetrical cut?
ever forward
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

I use the poker on a pipe tool.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

When you say wedge , I assume yer talking a V cuter . I like V cutter on lonsdales and smaller cigars . But I like a punch on Lonsdales and larger cigars . I also like a guillotine cut on Lonsdale and Larger cigars . Really , I'm a big fan of the Lonsdale sized cigar .. plus or minus a little size or gauge . I am a massive Punch cigar fan also . They made a cigar called a Château M ... a little bigger than a corona it was . It's a complex wonder of a smoke . The Punch After Dinner ... hell yes ! ... I have two Punch President Maduro that I've been aging since the late 90's . I've had children , gotten married etc ... I wonder what event will get me to spark them . Tell ya what .. If I can ever get my butt down to NOLA , I'd be very happy to light them up with [mention]Whalehead King[/mention] but that means he'd have to spend about 2 hours with me .. lol . The poor bastid

Oh , Punch London Clubs are fantastic too . Heck , they all are . The Gran Cru line is milder and if the regular line and other are too strong for your taste , the Gran Cru line might just be the mind blower for ya

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Hate the wedge cutter, guillotine is ok. I use "The National Razor" on machine mades and just give it a real shallow clip. What I do with hand mades is I punch the end with a golf tee. It really, really works!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

You ever seen them guys that put a tooth pick in the butt end of their cigars ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.