Tootsie Pop Poll

What is your favorite Tootsie Pop flavor?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Orange
29%
Cherry
13%
Chocolate
38%
Raspberry
13%
Grape
8%
Lemon
No votes

Total votes: 24
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:21 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:18 pm
avid wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm as an alternative i could just carry around boxes of Ludens
But that's medicine. Always take your medicine responsibly, kids.
if those are medicine, that's news to me...they taste delicious...! LOL
That's how they getcha. ;)
Billy Joe

Orange all the way, followed by cherry. Didn't care for chocolate, wasn't sweet enough.

You need a new poll, do you work your way down to the tootsie pop before you chew, or do you go halfway and then bite down on candy and soft center??
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Voted chocolate but orange is tied with it, could deal with a bag of just those. Been some time since I've had one but they go quick, zero licks all bite. In the mood now but still have a Stewart's Orange Cream in the fridge, should scratch the itch a little.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I voted raspberry but I definitely must give props to chocolate and grape.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:27 pm

I love this film, but I love this gif more:

Whalehead King

If you visit our small neighborhood grocery store, Terranova's, on Esplanade Avenue, you'll notice that the Tootsie Pop box is getting a little skimpy in its offerings. It's not because I've been buying up all the stock. I've got enough, so I haven't purchased any Tootsie Pops in the last couple of days. It's other people who are depleting the local supply of Tootsie goodness.

All the lemons are gone. It wasn't my doing:

Terranova's has been in business for over 90 years. An A&P used to be across the street. A&P folded. Then, that location was a Whole Foods Market. Whole Foods moved on. Now, it's Canseco's, another local grocery chain (with three stores). Terranova's survives. Terranova's abides. Old school corner grocer where you can run up a tab and buy what you need without a lot of gimmicks or whistles. That's real New Orleans.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm If you visit our small neighborhood grocery store, Terranova's, on Esplanade Avenue, you'll notice that the Tootsie Pop box is getting a little skimpy in its offerings. It's not because I've been buying up all the stock. I've got enough, so I haven't purchased any Tootsie Pops in the last couple of days. It's other people who are depleting the local supply of Tootsie goodness.

All the lemons are gone. It wasn't my doing...

I bet it was that kid you pushed those lemon Tootsie Pops on the other day. :lol:

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Speaking of Kojak, I've never found a use for this video clip, as hard as I've tried to work it into whatever project I've got afoot. I do, however, sometimes find the opportunity to ask someone on my daily errands, "Who loves ya, baby?" Most people don't know what I'm talking about, especially when I follow it up with another Kojakism: "Coochie-coo." ...More befuddled looks. It's a good thing I have charisma toward the top-end of the Savalas Scale even though I'm not bald. Since I wear a hat all the time, most people think I'm bald, so I've go that going for me in a Telly/Yul Brenner kind of a way.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the 70's:

A tough guy sucking on a sweet children's treat has a certain élan. Maybe that's why pipe smokers love Tootsie Pops as much as we do.

The lollipop was invented in New Haven, Connecticut ('natch). The name comes from a racehorse that was a champion at the time. The Tootsie Pop was named after, you guessed it...Tootsie Rolls. In 2002, twenty million Tootsie Pops were made every day. That's a lot of Tootsie Pops. That's the most recent figure I could find. Give the people what they want! Make mine Tootsie!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I see chocolate is neck and neck ... some folks just have good taste
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Not sure how this all went down.

I went to the grocery store today. Figured I'd pick up some Tootsie Pops just for the helluvit.

Completely forgot about the Tootsie Pops but I bought a box of Pop Tarts.

I haven't had, are even thought about having a PopTart in 30 years.

How the heck did that happen?
ever forward