Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Yeah, I am in Oregon.. I am painfully aware of their existence. Although, I am sure you probably get a pretty good dose over in NJ too. It seems these things start on the edges and move to the middle.
I've been going to NYC since I was 16 and up until 1999 everything seemed "normal". The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was a good town to go to dive bars and watch local bands and it was located under and around the Brooklyn Bridge. Once they claimed it as DUMBO Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass it was all down hill from there. Now it's ruined, overpriced and nothing but, well...
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Yeah, I am in Oregon.. I am painfully aware of their existence. Although, I am sure you probably get a pretty good dose over in NJ too. It seems these things start on the edges and move to the middle.
The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:10 am
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

It's too early for this. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am All of Brooklyn.

Haven't see Fr Guido in years! Awesome! :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:08 pm These people actually exist!
I've been going to NYC since I was 16 and up until 1999 everything seemed "normal". The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was a good town to go to dive bars and watch local bands and it was located under and around the Brooklyn Bridge. Once they claimed it as DUMBO Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass it was all down hill from there. Now it's ruined, overpriced and nothing but, well...
Effin' Williamsburg! Used to have family in Bushwick and recall that time frame exactly, by 2000 it had been overrun. Used to be a few bars there I enjoyed when you could still smoke.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
I have tried a few of Peretti blends, including No Name(not a fan), and they were decent. That was about the extent of my feeling for them, and I got the impression that I was largely paying for some boutique name at 4.30 an oz plus a nearly $10 minimum shipping charge(even if you just order a single ounce!).
If I am going to lay that kind of coin out for Burley, I'd probably order from Watch City or Uhle's. Lucky for me I have cheap taste buds. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt